Get Microsoft Office for Free!
The University of Houston provides Microsoft Office free to every student, faculty and staff member. Faculty and staff can download Microsoft 365 only for their personal computers, Apple, Android and Microsoft mobile devices. For University owned computers, please consult with your local IT support for your software needs. Users will be able to download Office on up to five computers and five mobile devices. Microsoft 365 includes the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more. (Note: Installing additional languages on a computer that already has this version of Office does not count against your install limit.)
To download Office follow these simple steps:
- Login to AccessUH with your cougarnet account
- Click on the Microsoft 365 icon and that will take you to the Microsoft 365 download site
- On the download site, select your language and click install
- Log directly into Microsoft 365 here.
Overview of Microsoft 365 ProPlus
- Only available for current students, faculty and staff.
- Microsoft 365 is a full version of Office. The programs have the same features and functionality as other versions of Office. For example, Word in Microsoft 365 works the same way it does in Office 2016.
- Microsoft 365 allows users to always have the latest versions of the Office programs.
- Microsoft 365 is not a web based version of Office. It runs locally on the user's computer. Users don't need to be connected to the Internet at all times to use it.
|Skype for Business
|Mac App Store (Free)
New Features of Microsoft 365 ProPlus:
- Capture your ideas however you work best—using a keyboard, pen, or a touchscreen.
- Open PDFs and edit paragraphs, lists, and tables just as you do in familiar Word documents.
- Keep track of comments in Word documents and mark them as done with the new reply button.
- Convert your data into a chart or table in two steps or less so you can analyze it faster, and then preview it with different formatting.
- Embed Excel spreadsheets, Visio diagrams, photos, and almost any other kind of computer file, in your OneNote notebooks.
- Design customized marketing materials that fit your brand and customers.
For more information see Microsoft’s Overview of Microsoft 365 site.