UIT would like to remind you that you can get better cell coverage on campus if you enable cellular calling over Wi-Fi. All major carriers like Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile offer cellular calling over Wi-Fi. This improves the cellular call quality of your devices when in buildings. Radio frequencies cannot always penetrate manmade objects or in areas where there is no cellular coverage.
To assist you, below are links to cell carrier FAQs and operating system based devices to enable this feature:
- Verizon - Wi-Fi Calling at Verizon FAQs | Verizon
- ATT - Wi-Fi Calling from AT&T (att.com)
- T-Mobile - Wi-Fi Calling from T-Mobile | T-Mobile Support
- Android - Make calls over Wi-Fi - Phone app Help (google.com)
- iOS Apple - Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support