Six Elizabeth D. Rockwell Student Scholarships in Ethics and Leadership will be given in the amount of $1500 each to students with demonstrated excellence in ethics and leadership activities and financial need. Preference will be given to students in a field related to public policy, politics, and public service, but other students will also be given full consideration. Scholarships will be awarded in the fall semester for the following spring. Successful applicants will be expected to work together to organize a spring event on ethics and leadership for students and provided a budget for the event. They will also be expected to attend Elizabeth D. Rockwell events. The following application materials should be submitted in a single PDF electronically to EDRCenter@central.uh.edu. Please include in the subject line: 'EDR Student Scholarship application, Last name, first name' by October 1, 2023. Scholarships will be awarded in the fall semester.
- A Cover letter that includes the following:
- People Soft ID:
- Email Address:
- Preferred Phone number:
- Address with city, state, and zip code:
- Major[s] (and minors, if applicable):
- Current classification (junior or senior?):
- How many hours remaining for you to complete your degree?
- Cumulative UH GPA:
- GPA within Major (you can find this information on your degree report plan):
- If applicable, what is your transfer GPA? How many semester hours have you completed at UH?
- If applicable, how many hours did you transfer to UH?
- How many hours are you currently enrolled at UH?
- Do you presently hold any scholarships? (If yes, please name):
- A copy of your college transcripts, including both University of Houston and other universities you have attended (unofficial copies are fine)
- A copy of your resume or CV listing your contact information and ethics and leadership activities.
- A short statement (no more than 750 words) that discusses your leadership or community/civic activities, career goals, financial needs (including the circumstances of your financial needs); and why you think you deserve a scholarship in ethics and leadership.
For more information, please contact Dan Engster at email@example.com