The Office of Assessment and Accreditation Services (OAAS) is dedicated to highlighting and assisting in the assessment process in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) at the University of Houston. The OAAS is staffed by the director of assessment and accreditation services, who reports to the CLASS Dean and Executive Director of Academic and Institutional Information. The OAAS is part of the UH Office of Institutional Research.
The Office of Assessment and Accreditation Services is responsible for:
- coordinating assessment initiatives within the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences,
- providing faculty and staff support for the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) and Institutional Effectiveness (IE) plans,
- conducting and maintaining results from annual exit surveys for both undergraduate and graduate students,
- serving as a repository for department plans on student learning outcomes, status/other reports, and assessment resources,
- conducting, coordinating and/or assisting in a variety of centrally-administered assessment plans and projects,
- preparing and distributing the reports of those initiatives to university constituencies, and
- providing data for department and college-wide review.