The Communication Technology Center (CTC) is a state-of-the-art computer lab located on the second floor of our building. The space includes:
- Three classrooms/labs equipped with Mac desktop computers, which can host a combined 90 students.
- Two touch-screen, collaborative multimedia stations optimal for collaborative group work
- A centralized IT support center and help desk
- An open work space featuring Mac desktop computers and printers, which are only accessible by students at the Valenti School of Communication
Additionally, computers in the CTC offer Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Final Cut Pro and other software.
Any student enrolled in a course at the Valenti School of Communication can use the CTC and its available resources. Those wishing to use the facilities will be required to obtain a CTC account for access. Accounts are issued at the lab’s help desk. Students need a Cougar Card (or government issued ID card) and their student schedule or fee bill showing current enrollment in a communication class. Lost passwords and other account information may also be accessed at the CTC help desk.
Students are also allowed to print up to 250 pages per semester. Color prints are charged four times more than the usual non-color print.
Finally, the following equipment is available to be checked out from the CTC Help Desk:
- Scandisk/Card Reader
- Laptops (faculty only)
- Projectors (faculty only)