University of Houston students who need help with textbook expenses can apply for a $400 loan for the fall semester. The loan can only be used for textbooks at the UH Campus Store located in the Student Center South.
Follow these easy steps:
- Log into AccessUH
- Select the myUH icon
- Select "Student Financials"
- Select "Optional Fees"
- Select the term for the loan
- Select “Book Loan” (The fee will automatically populate)
Once requested, the funds will be available at the UH Campus Store within a couple of hours. Students who owe any funds from a prior term will not be eligible for the loan.
Using the loan:
- Visit the UH Campus Store in the Student Center South
- Gather necessary textbooks and go to the checkout counter
- Mention to the cashier that you have a textbook loan
- The cashier will scan your books and ask for your student ID number and Cougar Card
- You will receive a receipt slip just like a credit card purchase and a purchase receipt