The University of Houston Cougar Textbook Access Program (CTAP) is an exciting digital rental program which allows students access to course materials on or before the first day of class, and at significant savings over purchasing new retail books.
How Does It Work?
Students who register for participating CTAP classes are automatically opted into the program. CTAP fees are conveniently and automatically charged to your student fee bill. You will have the option to opt out of the CTAP fee starting approximately two weeks before the first day of class, through the last day of each term to drop a course or withdraw without receiving a grade. These dates are referred to as Official Reporting Day, or ORD, and vary per term. Please check the academic calendar for dates specific to each term. Spring 2023 dates may be found here.
All materials in CTAP participating classes are digital rentals. You will receive an email with a link to the materials for your class; or you will have access via a link in the Learning Management System (LMS), on or before the first day of class. The length of time you will have access to the materials vary, but generally materials will usually be available for at least 180 days.
Why Choose CTAP?
- If you have been awarded financial aid and your award surpasses the cost of tuition and fees, the CTAP costs can be covered by the aid you have already been awarded.
- Be better prepared by receiving your digital materials on or before the first day of class
- Digital materials include the ability to easily and efficiently search, highlight, and take notes
- Receive significant savings over the price of new retail books with CTAP negotiated pricing
Search for CTAP Classes and Pricing
Please click here to search for a participating CTAP class. At this link, you will be able to search for a participating CTAP class; its accompanying fee; and the price you would pay for a new or used retail book, if applicable. The retail pricing on new and used physical textbooks is what you would pay at the UH Campus Store.Click here to view our FAQ's
Have a question not answered here or with our FAQs? You can reach out to Auxiliary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions about timing and fees. For specific questions related to opting out, access links, pricing, drops, withdrawals, or other issues, please contact the UH Campus Store at email@example.com.
2022 CTAP Results To Date
The CTAP program was first piloted in spring 2022 and has proven to be a popular choice among students in participating CTAP classes. See the cumulative program results below! The University looks forward to continuing this program and saving even more money for our students!
Semester-by-Semester CTAP Results
- Academic freedom ensured by preserving faculty choice
- Course materials adoption process remains the same through the UH Campus Store
- Materials are available digitally through the Learning Management System
- Students are prepared for class on day one
CTAP Faculty Survey Results
- Provides transparency
- Helps with decision-making and budgeting when registering
- Receives course materials on or before the first day of class
- Creates equity and flexible payment options
- Allows for direct use of financial aid
- Supports students on Athletics, Veteran Affairs, and Texas Workforce Commission scholarships
- Preserves student choice with the opt-out option
- Provides a stress-free purchasing experience