Basic Degree Information

Degrees Offered

The Graduate College of Social Work offers the Masters in Social Work (M.S.W.) and the Ph.D. in Social Work. The M.S.W. is considered the terminal or final degree needed to enter professional social work practice at the advanced level. The M.S.W. degree can be completed in two years on a full-time basis, or in four years on a part-time basis. After completing the foundation semester, students select a concentration in either Clinical Practice or Leadership, Administration, and Advocacy .Certificate options are available in Political Social Work, Gerontological Social work, and Trabajo Social. The Ph.D. in social work is typically sought by those interested in teaching at the university level.

Nonprofit Leadership Alliance

Catalog Publish Date: August 22, 2012
This Page Last Updated: August 7, 2009