The Office of Research and Reporting evaluates the efficacy of Enrollment Services policies and practices, promotes evidence-based decision-making and tracks progress on important outcomes such as new student enrollment. The department provides data analysis and reporting services to all areas of Enrollment Services as well as other members of the university community in need of Enrollment Services data.
Areas of Responsibility
- Research and analysis
- Internal reporting
- Undergraduate enrollment targets
- Tracking progress to goals
Enrollment Services Research and Reporting (ESRR) provides campus partners with interactive reports to track strategic enrollment goals. Campus partners may request access to internal reports by submitting an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports require valid Cougarnet credentials to access.
This dashboad tracks daily new student orientation attendance and enrollment for a given term by admit level, college, department, and major.
This dashboard tracks daily registration holds for students eligible to enroll for a given semester. Data are available at the college, department, plan, and student levels.
ResearchESRR conducts in-depth research studies to support evidence-based decision-making at the University. Most studies are for internal consumption, but the following studies highlight publicly-available work by our researchers.
- Above All Else Show The Data: Best Practices in Data Visualization. University of Houston System Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Leadership Conference. Houston, TX. May 24, 2023.
- Using Predictive Modeling to Increase Six-Year Graduation. Texas Association for Institutional Research 45th Annual Conference. Spring, TX February 27, 2023.
- Using Predictive Modeling to Increase One-Year Retention Through Early Identification. Texas Association for Institutional Research 44th Annual Conference. Denton, TX. March 1, 2022.
- UH Tableau User Group. University of Houston. Houston, TX. November 19, 2020.
- Identifying Institutional Peers Through Cluster Analysis. Texas Association for Institutional Research 42nd Annual Conference. San Antonio, TX. March 2, 2020.