UH Wellness department provides campus-wide education and prevention programs that support student success by promoting healthy choices and creating a healthier, safer learning environment across all dimensions of wellness.
Have questions and concerns about Ebola. Please click on the following link provided by UH Health Center. http://www.uh.edu/healthcenter/ebola/
UH Wellness is now accepting applications for:
Being part of CPE, you will be working with others who are dedicated to promoting health and wellness on campus to their peers. You will be involved in facilitating many exciting events. Gain valuable knowledge about health and prevention on a variety of topics. You will have the opportunity to develop group facilitation and presentation skills, gain leadership experience and build your resume as you will be trained to be a National Certified Peer Educator
Please complete and return the above application with your resume to 4500 University Dr. CRWC Suite 1038
UH Wellness provides the following services
- Outreach programs on a variety of topics related to personal and community health to include issues of self-esteem, sexual decision making and safer choices, alcohol and other drugs, stress management, communication skills, emotional well-being, and values clarification.
- Campus wide programming is provided, often in conjunction with other university departments. Programming such as Alcohol Awareness Week, World AIDS Day, and other health related, national and local campaigns are promoted by the center.
- Peer Education is provided for outreach programming. Peer educators are trained through a social health class (see homepage for more information).
- Consultation and information is provided by trained professional staff and volunteers, on a variety of health related topics.
- Referrals are offered to those who seek counseling or health care services, or who are in search of appropriate venues for health related issues not provided in the center.
- Social Health and Wellness Class (see homepage) is offered to any student in the university and is used to train peer educators, resident advisors, or other students providing wellness services. It is also open to any university student. For those interested in peer education, a lab class is also offered.
- Wellness clearinghouse is a way of helping students find information and resources on a variety of topics. We provide some current articles on health topics, information as to internet information resources on the topics, and assistance in identifying resources on the topics.
- Special programming such as Alcohol 101 is provided by the center. See homepage for internet access to this program.
- WELL-U is a University of Houston community network focused on integrating the dimensions of wellness into the campus at large, and on providing a connection for those interested in well concerns.
- WELL-net is the official newsletter on line for the Houston-Galveston network of colleges and universities in the area who are committed to promoting healthier lifestyles and campus life.
- Special programs such as IMAGE, Alcohol 101, Nutrition Counseling, Stress Management Strategies, are provided by the center.
- WELL-U is a newsletter published electronically by UH Wellness.
- Houston-Galveston Consortium is a network of colleges and universities in the area who are committed to promoting healthier lifestyles and campus life.