UH Dance Ensemble Presents Spring Showcase ‘Propulsion’
The annual University of Houston faculty dance concert has become a spring tradition on campus.
This year's event, "Propulsion," will run April 30 - May 2 in UH's Lyndall Finley Wortham Theatre (in the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts). Presented by the UH Dance Ensemble, this concert will showcase works from the university's dance faculty and guest artists Jennifer Sommers and Erin Reck.
- "Constant Variable" by Eric Reck - This performance will explore movement through mathematical reasoning.
- "Waiting Room" by Jennifer Sommers - Gestures and movement communicate this anecdotal tale about an experience in the doctor's office waiting room.
- "Sharing Secrets with Strangers" by Teresa Chapman, assistant professor of dance - This piece explores the strength and compassion of women's friendship.
- "Different Trains" by Becky Valls, assistant professor of dance - Taking its cues from Steven Reich's composition of the same title, the piece focuses on post-WWII concentration camp survivors.
- "liquidbreathlandscape" by Jackie Nalett, adjunct instructor - Nalett will use projections to enhance this piece focused on nature.
- "Baptism: Tree" by Toni Valle, adjunct instructor - Water is the centerpiece for this performance that includes growing trees and volatile animals.
Tickets for "Propulsion" are $20 and can be the Wortham box office. For more details, call 713-743-2929.
|WHEN:||8 p.m., April 30 - May 1; 2 p.m., May 2|
|WHERE:||Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts/Jose QuinteroTheatre
University of Houston - Entrance 16
Houston, TX 77204
|WHO:||UH School of Theatre & Dance|