Congratulations to the 2013 F.E.E.T. Scholars
Niraj Bhavsar, junior hotel and restaurant management major
Amy LaFleur, sophomore biology major
Runners-up: Cesar Casarez (junior, math), Aimee Muniz (sophomore, pre-business), and Paul Vilchez (sophomore, communications). These three students will each receive a $1000 stipend toward their next University of Houston-sponsored study abroad trip.
The Faber-Economon European Travel Scholarship (F.E.E.T.) is an award specifically designed to introduce Honors students to Europe. Made available through the generosity of two Honors alumni, Hanneke Faber and Aris Economon, the goal of the F.E.E.T. scholarship is to provide Honors students who've never been "across the pond" the chance to visit Europe without having to enroll in classes or take time off from school.
Scholarship recipients willreceive airfare to/from Europe, a 2-week Eurail pass and a ~€750.00 stipend.
To be considered for the F.E.E.T. Scholarship, students must demonstrate:
- good standing in the Honors College and with the University of Houston (3.50 cumulative gpa, completion of the Human Situation sequence and a minimum of one Honors course per semester of participation in Honors (can be cumulative)
- completion of at least 3 semesters at the University of Houston and have at least 2 semesters remaining (Spring 2013 and December 2013 graduates are ineligible to apply)
- already possess or be able to obtain a passport by February 2013
- able to travel during May 11-June 8, 2013
- have never previously traveled to Europe (including the United Kingdom)