Concerned about paying for your education at the University of Houston? Think of it as an investment in your future. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a graduate student, a UH education will pay for itself many times over in higher earnings and expanded opportunities throughout your life.
What’s more, we award a wide range of scholarships, fellowships and other financial aid to graduate and undergraduate students alike. With our generous financial assistance packages, some UH students find that their actual cost is lower than they had originally expected. We invite you to explore the financial information provided here. We look forward to helping you invest in your future! Please contact the Financial Aid office for your federal and state aid processing, and please contact Student Business Services for payment, fee bill calculation, refund, deferment and book loan processing.
Updates for August and September 2015
- Fall 2015 is here! Many students will need to complete items listed in their myUH self-service account To-Do List to determine complete eligibility and to receive their aid. Estimated awards are subject to change and cannot count towards payment. If you have just begun the financial aid process and have to wait for your documents to complete processing, please be sure to take an online payment deferment plan with the Student Business Services office — this will help lock in your enrollment and allow you additional time for processing.
- Disbursement: As long as you meet the enrollment and eligibility requirements, your loans will start disbursing the first week of classes, and your grants will disburse after the 13th class day for most students. To get more detailed information about aid disbursement, please visit our disbursement site.
- Did you accept loan awards? Make sure that you have completed all your additional steps, enrolled in half time and have completed the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
- Enrollment adjustments can affect your aid! If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, your award disbursements may be delayed to adjust any potential over award of financial aid.
- Need more funds to cover additional expenses like housing? Be sure to apply for Plus loan options.
- Update your email address. Please be sure to keep your email address current in your myUH self-service account so that you receive award notifications and additional information requests in a timely fashion! Please visit our award determination and maintaining eligibility websites.
For more information on the disbursement process, please visit our Financial Aid FAQ page.