EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF THE CLOUD
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Includes all content for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
|August Session||Saturdays, August 8 – September 19, 2020||9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Register Now|
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification training at UH is now online – live, synchronous, real-time, instructor-led, virtual classroom. This is a comprehensive, instructor-led with hands-on whiteboard discussions and labs training. The training covers 100% of the content for both certifications, the AWS Cloud Practitioner and the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate. Immediately after the training, participants will be prepared to take and pass both certification exams.
Register now! Sessions will fill up very quickly. Contact email@example.com if any questions or concerns related to early registration.
Location: Online / Virtual Classroom / Synchronous / Real-Time / Live Instructor-Led
With your registration, you can re-take the full training free of charge within a year .** Tuition includes all course materials.
Referrals receive an additional $100 discount from the current price at registration. Contact us for details (firstname.lastname@example.org). Referral confirmation required before applying the discount.
**Up-to five (5) previous participants can re-attend per session. Training session to re-take cannot be full.
Note: Additional $200 discount for US armed services veterans and UH alumni. For more information, please contact Yada Holton at email@example.com.
Here is what previous participants are saying about this training…
As a technology project manager, I feel I am now able to identify and define requirements for an AWS-based application. The course taught me best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform.
I don’t believe this course offered could get any better.
The professor was extremely helpful and flexible with the material, scheduling (during class and out of class). His experiences, insights, and patience to help students understand the vast amount of material were excellent. Taking the course with other professionals was really interesting as everyone has their own experiences and knowledge to add to the discussions during the course.
Great class. Truly a great resource to learn the AWS ecosystem.
Great course for beginners in IT as well as people who are cemented and went to learn more about cloud computing.
I would like to thank the UH College of Technology and Jose for holding this course. Jose was able to take a mountain of information and present it in a way that was understandable. His experience was invaluable in mapping the various AWS services to common IT applications in the industry…
AWS at UH
The University of Houston is the only AWS Academy member university in the Houston area and among the first to offer the AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification training to help information technology professionals build the skills and credentials and propel their careers in information technology. AWS Academy university members have access and use the training content, resources and lab environments developed by the AWS Academy specifically for the AWS Cloud Practitioner and AWS Solutions Architect certification exams.
Become an Expert
With the comprehensive, live instructor-led with hands-on whiteboard discussions and labs. AWS Certification training offered by the University of Houston, you will build unmatched technical expertise and advanced skills that improve your knowledge, arm you with the latest best practices; and, prepare you for the AWS Cloud Practitioner and the AWS Solutions Architect certification exams.
You will also work with a multitude of hands-on labs as well as real-time whiteboard architecture-based discussions on how the AWS services fit and integrate with other services within the architecture.
- Identify the value and benefits of cloud computing and AWS
- Understand methods and tools to maintain security and protect data
- Explain the financial advantages of the AWS cloud
- Navigate the AWS Management Console
- Differentiate between AWS storage options
- Understand AWS compute and networking options
- Describe and use AWS database options
- Identify deployment and management options
- Make decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices
- Create a cloud migration roadmap and plan
- Use AWS to make infrastructure scalable
- Create a business continuity plan and achieve high availability
- Create event-driven scaling
- Automate the deployment of cloud resources
- Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce interdependencies
- Optimize data storage for static content
- Identify best practices prescribed in the well-architected framework
- Identify and solve common configuration and design issues
- Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile back-ends, and video transcoding
- Understand the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect – Associate exams structure and questions
Who should pursue AWS certification?
Anyone interested in understanding the scope of cloud architectures or seeking knowledge in Cloud Computing and AWS, including, but not limited to:
- IT Specialists (Infrastructure, Network, Software Developers, Information Security, Data, Operations, Deployment, Migrations, Administrators, etc.)
- Project Mangers
- Business Analysts
- Development Mangers
- Operations Managers
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
Practical Learning Experience
- Mastering cloud computing architecture design requires a strong foundation in IT concepts and skills. Delivered through interactive instructor-led classes, students will receive:
- Hands-on Experience with the AWS platform – 15 online labs, activities and projects across the curriculum
- Detailed course content (manuals/presentation content with speaker notes, labs, video content, eLearning modules, and knowledge checks)
- Online knowledge assessments after each module
- Challenging scenario-based exercises and projects with lab requirements that reinforce topics within the curriculum
The seven-week training includes a review of the best practice to study for the exams, including the unique opportunity to meet the instructor for a specialized Q&A and exam preparation session.
Preferred Prequisite Knowledge
AWS Solutions Architect — Associate Certification Content and Exam:
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Awareness of type of networks
- Awareness of network security (i.e. firewalls, routers)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Awareness of On-premise and off-premise infrastructures
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Awareness of layered, multi-tier architectures
- General IT technical knowledge
- General IT business knowledge
UNIT 1: Cloud Foundations
1. Module 1: Cloud Concepts Overview
2. Module 2: Cloud Economics and Billing
3. Module 3: AWS Global Infrastructure Overview
4. Module 4: AWS Cloud Security
5. Module 5: Networking and Content Delivery
6. Module 6: Compute
7. Module 7: Storage
8. Module 8: Databases
9. Module 9: Cloud Architecture
10. Module 10: Automatic Scaling and Monitoring
Unit 2: Cloud Architecting
1. Module 1: AWS Service Review and Overview
2. Module 2: Designing the Network
3. Module 3: Designing for High Availability – Section 1
4. Module 4: Designing for High Availability with Scaling – Section2
5. Module 5: Automating Your Infrastructure
6. Module 6: Decoupling Your Infrastructure
7. Module 7: Designing Web-Scale Media
8. Module 8: Well-Architected Framework
9. Module 9: Well-Architected Pillar 1 - Operational Excellence
10. Module 10: Well-Architected Pillar 2 – Security
11. Module 11: Well-Architected Pillar 3 – Reliability
12. Module 12: Well-Architected Pillar 4 - Performance Efficiency
13. Module 13: Well-Architected Pillar 5 - Cost-Optimization
14. Module 14: Troubleshooting
15. Module 15: Design Patterns and Sample Architectures