University of the Incarnate Word - School of Osteopathic Medicine
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The UIW School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM) invites all prospective medical school applicants to the SOM Admissions Summer Series.
Sessions will include: alumni and faculty panels, curriculum preview, an applicant workshop, and an overview of our Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Biomedical Sciences programs.
SOM Admissions Summer Series Schedule
- June 2, 2021, 2-3pm (CST): Alumni Panel- Speak directly with recent UIWSOM graduates who are transitioning to a variety of residency programs. Learn more about their trajectory into medicine and gain valuable insight about their transformative educational experience at UIWSOM. RSVP
- June 16, 2021, 2-3pm (CST): Faculty Panel for Prospective Students- Join our faculty for a candid conversation about the academic demands of our innovative curriculum. Bring your questions about our self-directed learning environment, interactive groups, assessments, clinical rotations, research, and social justice initiatives. RSVP
- June 28, 2021, 1pm-3pm (CST): UIWSOM Preview Day- This event gives you an opportunity to preview our curriculum, including Small Interactive Group Sessions (SIGS), Large Group Session (LGS), and Structures; participate in a Q/A session with current learners and admissions officers; and learn about Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) via live demonstrations. RSVP
- July 13, 2021, 2pm-4pm (CST): Applicant Workshop- Join the Admissions team as they review and share tips about each section of the application. Topics will include experiences, awards/honors, personal statement, letters of recommendation, the secondary application, as well as Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs). RSVP
- July 29, 2021, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Overview of UIWSOM Programs- Join this presentation to learn about the UIWSOM Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) Programs. We will review information about our mission and service area, weekly schedule, DO and MBS class profile/statistics, application process and will have a live Q/A with current students. RSVP
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org