Dear UH Community,
A COVID-19 booster vaccination clinic for students, faculty and staff will be held on campus Monday, Nov. 15, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Student Center South Ballroom West, room 210. Administered by H.E.B. Pharmacy, Moderna and Pfizer boosters will be offered free of charge. To be eligible for a booster, you must have completed your initial series of Moderna or Pfizer at least 6 months ago (no sooner). Those who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for their initial dose can get Moderna or Pfizer as a booster dose if it has been at least 2 months.
COVID-19 first dose and second dose shots (Moderna and Pfizer) will be also available, as well as flu and shingles vaccinations. According to the CDC, COVID-19 vaccines may be administered without regard to timing of other vaccines. This includes simultaneous administration of COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines on the same day.
All COVID-19 vaccinations will be available at no cost regardless of insurance. Flu and shingles vaccinations (for age 50 or older) are covered for employees with BCBSTX HealthSelect (or other accepted insurance) and for students with the school’s insurance, at no cost.
Individual appointments are required and are not transferrable from one person to another. When making an appointment, you must specify which vaccinations you are requesting.
For example, if you would like to receive a COVID-19 immunization, write the name and dose of the vaccine immediately behind your name. Then select “Immunization COVID-19” under “Select Service Type.” For example: John Doe (Moderna-Booster) or John Doe (Pfizer- Dose 2)
|Last Name(Pfizer – Dose 1)
Last Name(Pfizer – Dose 2)
Last Name(Pfizer – Booster)
|Last Name(Moderna – Dose 1)
Last Name(Moderna – Dose 2)
Last Name(Moderna – Booster)
To receive your vaccinations, you will need to:
- Schedule your appointment early. Appointments will be closed one day prior to the clinic and no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Write the name and dose of the vaccine you are seeking immediately following your name. For example: John Doe (Moderna-Booster) and select “Immunization COVID-19” for “Select Service Type.”
- Complete the vaccination consent form in its entirety, IN ADVANCE, print a hard copy and BRING IT WITH YOU. [English Version | Spanish Version]
- Bring your CDC vaccination card with you if you have one already and are seeking one of the COVID-19 vaccinations/boosters.
- Have the proper insurance card with you. For flu and shingles vaccinations, UH employees are asked to bring both their pharmacy insurance card (Optum RX) and medical insurance card (BCBSTX or other insurance). Employees 65 years or older with Medicare will need to bring all of their insurance cards (Part B, C and D). Students who have the school’s BCBSTX insurance should bring their student medical-pharmacy insurance card. Students on their parent’s insurance will need to bring both their pharmacy and medical insurance cards. If you are uninsured, you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and/or booster at no charge. Flu shots are $25 for students and $40 for faculty/staff.
- Wear a sleeveless shirt/have your sleeves rolled up for efficient administration of the shot(s).
Click the registration link below to make an appointment to receive your vaccination(s).
|Monday, Nov. 15, 2021
||University of Houston
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Student Center South Ballroom West - REGISTER
To attend the vaccination clinic, you must:
- Review and adhere to the University’s Guidelines for COVID-19.
- Agree that you will only participate if you DO NOT have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Engage in a pre-vaccination screening upon arrival.
- Consent to having your temperature taken.
- Strive to minimize contact with others through social distancing and masks are strongly encouraged.
Unable to attend one of the clinics?
This year protect yourself and others. Please take time to get your COVID-19, flu or shingles vaccinations at the on-campus clinic, a local pharmacy or medical provider.
Faculty and staff can go to most pharmacies and receive the flu vaccine at no cost with the BCBSTX Health Select insurance plan (Ask first to verify that coverage is provided at 100% or call HealthSelect of Texas toll free at 855-828-9834 for help in locating an in-network pharmacy). Students can receive flu shots at the Student Health Center while supplies last.
COVID-19 vaccinations and flu shots are widely available through pharmacies and medical providers.
Employees can contact Court Stein at POWERUP@uh.edu.
Students can contact the Student Health Center at 713-743-5151.
For additional information on COVID-19, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website.
Suzy Harrington, DNP, RN, MCHES
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs - Health & Well-Being
713.743.5151 option 4