This newsletter consists of information on the venues where the commencement ceremonies will take place. Please be sure to share this with your guests.
CULLEN PERFORMANCE HALL (CPH) INFORMATION
- The main parking lot for the Cullen Performance Hall is at the Welcome Center Garage located at 4400 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204. It is at the intersection of University Drive and Calhoun Road.
- Accessible parking is available in Lot 1D, directly next door to the entrance to CPH. Please display a valid handicap decal or hangtag.
- Accessible seating in CPH is available, but limited.
- All persons, regardless of age, will need a ticket to enter the venue. This includes babies and lap children.
- There will be no concessions available at this venue.
- Individuals age 10 and older must wear a face covering/mask. Anyone under age 10 is encouraged to wear face covering/mask.
- General CPH event information can be found here. Please note all of this information may not necessarily be the same as what will apply for commencement.
TDECU STADIUM INFORMATION
- CLEAR BAG POLICY
- Items such as backpacks, purses and diaper bags are not permitted.
- The UH Clear Bag Policy permits bags made of clear plastic, vinyl or PVC.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc or similar) are also permitted.
- Clear bags must not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”.
- For more information about the UH Clear Bag Policy, click here
UH Clear Bag Policy
- PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
- There is significant construction on Cullen Boulevard; therefore we are recommending that graduates and guests use Scott Street to reach the TDECU Stadium Garage.
- The garage is located at 3875 Holman Street, Houston, TX 77004 (Holman Street off Scott Street).
- Parking in the garage is complimentary.
- Please allow enough time to get to the stadium and park.
- HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBILITY
- Accessible parking is available on the first level of the stadium garage through the Visitor Entrance. Please display a valid handicap decal or hangtag.
- The accessible entrance will be at Gate 4 on the north side of the stadium directly across from the garage.
- The ADA reservation will be confirmed and guests will be shown to their seats.
- There is still time to make a reservation request for accessible seating. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 3.
- Closed captioning and interpreters will be available for all ceremonies.
- Gate 4 will be opened at 8:30 a.m. for guests with disabilities.
- All restrooms are accessible.
- GUEST SERVICES
- General admission gates will open at 9:00 a.m.
- ATMs are located at Schroeder Gate 1 and ICON Gate 2.
- The concession stands will be open and offering water, soft drinks and snacks.
- Public restrooms are conveniently located throughout TDECU stadium.
- Umbrellas are prohibited inside the stadium. In case of inclement weather, rain ponchos are recommended.
- EMS personnel will be onsite. If you have an emergency, please alert the nearest event staff person or usher for assistance.
Be sure to visit the commencement website - www.uh.edu/commencement - for the most current information. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Until next time!
The Grad Squad
Tonja A. Jones
University of Houston
Office of Protocol and Special Events
4302 University Drive, Suite 111
Houston, TX 77204-2025
Phone: 713.743.8838 │ Mobile: 281.788.0372 │ Fax: 713.743.8167