This October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the University of Houston’s Human Resources’ POWER UP Employee Wellness program will partner with The Rose to offer on-site mammograms. Mobile Mammography screenings will occur on campus Monday, Oct. 4; Wednesday, Oct. 6, and Monday, Oct. 11, in Lot 19F between the Power Plant and Technology Annex (near the M.D. Anderson Library), and Friday, Oct. 8, at the UH Technology Bridge (next to Building 7). Screening times will be from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in The Rose’s state-of-the-art mobile mammography unit.
Take advantage of this onsite opportunity, REGISTER (Code: UH) online for a time that works for you. If you have difficulty registering, please call 281-464-5136 for help in making your appointment in English or Spanish, or email Ada Garcia, Mobile Outreach Manager, at email@example.com. Because the deadline to register will be 4 days prior to the date you desire to be screened, please select your preferred date and register now as limited spots will be available.
Both 3D and 2D mammography exams will be offered and each generally takes about 15 minutes. Considered preventive care, mammography screenings are covered by most insurance carriers. Eligible employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas HealthSelect may participate with no co-pay and no additional out-of-pocket expense. Those with other insurance are encouraged to call or visit The Rose online to determine their eligibility status to participate at no-cost. If you have questions about coverage, the no-insurance sponsorship program, or any other aspects of the exam, the friendly staff at The Rose can assist you.
To participate in mobile mammogram screenings, you must:
- Be 35 or older
- Have a primary care physician
- Not be pregnant or currently breast feeding
- Not have any breast symptoms or problems
- Not have been diagnosed with breast cancer within the last 5 years
- Not have had a mammogram in the last 12 months
Due to COVID-19 concerns:
- Appointments will be every 15 min. with only one patient in the coach at a time
- Patient areas will be thoroughly cleaned between each patient
In addition, patients:
- Will be called ahead of their appointment time to receive safety instructions
- Must participate in a COVID-19 screening and temperature check upon their arrival
- Will be required (by The Rose) to wear a mask throughout their appointment
Don’t delay, REGISTER online (Code UH) to take advantage of this on-campus opportunity, or schedule your yearly exam with your personal healthcare provider now. Early detection through annual mammography screenings can lead to improved treatment options, AND most importantly, survival. Take time to take care of you! Make your personal health and well-being a priority by making an appointment today.
Court Stein, Wellness Administrator
University of Houston
McElhinney Hall, #321