If one or more of your guests has an impairment, special seating can be arranged for them. Please note ADA seating is extremely limited. To insure your guests are properly taken care of, please follow the reservation instructions below:
- When ticketing opens up for all graduation candidates, go ahead and procure your tickets.
- Make your ADA reservation request for special seating by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please state the name(s) of the guests requiring special accommodations, the ceremony they will be attending and the nature of the impairment (mobility, hearing, sight) so we know where to place your guests.
- Only one (1) other person will be able to sit with the impaired person. The rest of your guests will sit in their assigned seats.
- Persons who have special seating reservations will still need admission tickets, too. These tickets will come from the allotment that each graduate candidate gets.
- The deadline to reserve space for impaired guests is Monday, May 3.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
International travel guidelines for students can be found in the following link. This outlines the protocols that have been established by the UH COVID-19 Task Force.
We will continue to follow the CDC health and safety guidelines.
- Masks will be worn by everyone. If you are planning on wearing a face shield, you must wear a mask with it.
- Socially-distanced, reserved seating will be implemented at all commencement venues.
- Ceremony venues will maintain up to 25% capacity.
Information about ticketing will be coming soon and will be published in a future UH Grad Chronicle.
Don’t forget that regalia is required for all graduation candidates wishing to participate in the in-person commencement ceremonies. To place your regalia order, please visit the Herff Jones website - https://hjgradwalk.com/uh/ - to place your order.
If you have questions, you can contact the UH Bookstore at email@example.com or call 713-741-7095.
Stay informed! Remember to read the UH Grad Chronicle and visit the Commencement website – www.uh.edu/commencement – for current information on all things “Commencement”.
Until next time!
The Grad Squad
Tonja A. Jones
University of Houston
Office of Protocol and Special Events
4302 University Drive, Suite 111
Houston, TX 77204-2025
Phone: 713.743.8838 │ Mobile: 281.788.0372 │ Fax: 713.743.8167