Based on current venue capacities and social distancing guidelines, tickets will be required for all guests attending commencement ceremonies. To maintain equity with all the graduates and keep the safety guidelines established by the venues, the following rules will be followed:
- Each graduate will be allowed up to four (4) guests - no exceptions.
- All guests, regardless of age, need a ticket.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Once a ticket bar code is scanned at the venue entrance, duplicate bar codes will not be valid.
- The ceremonies will be live streamed so those not able to attend can still share in the experience.
- The ceremonies will also be available after the scheduled time for future viewing.
- More information on the ticketing process will be coming soon.
GRAD PHOTO OPS
There is an exciting photo opportunity for the spring Class of 2021 planned. Three photo sites will be decorated with balloons, UH banners and even a mock commencement stage for you to take pictures in your graduation regalia.
- The photo locations will be available May 12 – 19.
- The photo sites are:
- Student Center South – Monumental Stairway (Hours are 1:00 – 5:00pm only)
- University of Houston Seal – Cullen Circle Entrance
- Cullen Family Plaza
- Be sure to bring your camera and someone to take pictures for you.
- There is no need to make an appointment, but please remember to practice social distancing and wear your masks.
There is still time to order your regalia. Please contact the UH Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-741-7095 and they can help you out.
If you haven’t already done so, be sure to visit the commencement website - www.uh.edu/commencement - as this will be where you can find commencement ceremony schedules, ceremony links and other information. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Until next time!
The Grad Squad
Tonja A. Jones
University of Houston
Office of Protocol and Special Events
4302 University Drive, Suite 111
Houston, TX 77204-2025
Phone: 713.743.8838 │ Mobile: 281.788.0372 │ Fax: 713.743.8167