Undergraduate Degree Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Global Hospitality Leadership
Total Required Credit Hours: 120
Completion of our bachelor's degree requires a minimum of 120 credit hours of course work and a minimum of 1,000 clock hours of work experience in the hospitality industry. Students must satisfy at least 36 advanced credit hours with at least 24 of the last 30 semester credit hours in residence. Students wishing to declare a major in Global Hospitality Leadership must earn a minimum cumulative UH GPA of 2.85, submit a completed UH General Petition form declaring this major to the GHL Office of Academic Services, and sign an official major degree plan.
Click here to see complete course requirements and degree tracks for students admitted to the College for fall 2019 and beyond.
- Students who have already been admitted to the College prior to fall 2019 will remain on their original degree plan. Click here to see course requirements prior to fall 2019.
- Please see the University of Houston Undergraduate Catalog for the list of approved UH Core Curriculum courses.
- Students can earn credit by examination for university CORE courses. Click here for more information.
- Per Hilton College policy, all credit earned by credit-by-exam must be posted to the student’s records prior to the first class day of the student’s graduating semester.
- GHL required advanced courses (3000 and 4000 level) are restricted to GHL majors only.