Applications for Fall 2021 are no longer being accepted.
Applications for Fall 2022 will open on August 1, 2021.
How to Apply?
Please click the following link for more information: Psychology Graduate Program Application. All required documents are to be directly uploaded to your account during the application process. Please prepare them beforehand.
- A completed graduate studies application.
- An official transcript from each institution attended.
- One official copy of your general GRE test scores. Please have your GRE scores sent by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to the University of Houston, University Park Campus (Code: 6870). The Department of Psychology will only accept official GRE scores sent from ETS. Effective immediately for the fall 2021 application cycle the following programs will exclude the GRE requirement: Clinical Psychology, Social Psychology, and Developmental, Cognitive, & Behavioral Neuroscience.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A career statement, please include two faculty members with whom you wish to work during your graduate school process.
- A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee is due at the time of your application submission. Fee must be paid online via CollegeNet. Information on graduate application fee waivers for virtual workshop attendees may be found at https://uh.edu/graduate-school/index.php with registration information at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9V6HYM2.
Submission Process for Applicants
Program deadlines for receipt of application materials are as follows for fall admission the following academic year:
|December 1||Clinical Psychology|
|December 1||Social Psychology|
|December 15||Developmental, Cognitive, & Behavioral Neuroscience|
|January 15||Industrial/Organizational Psychology|
We highly encourage applicants to submit their materials electronically:
through myUH, and
with electronic ETS delivery of test scores and
electronically delivered transcripts by academic institutions, if available.
- Letters of recommendations should be received electronically.
Regular Mail Address:
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
P.O. BOX 3947
HOUSTON, TX 77253-3947
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
4302 University Dr, Rm 102
HOUSTON, TX 77204-2012
For Electronic Copy Submissions:
Submission Process for International Applicants
In addition to the materials listed above, the International Admissions Office requires that you submit the following:
- An official copy of your TOEFL scores.
- A letter of financial backing.
- The statement of understanding located in the application booklet.
- Two passport size photos.
- A $80.00 (US$) processing fee in addition to the departmental processing fee should be paid at the time of your application submission. Fee must be paid online via CollegeNet.
All applicants: If you have questions regarding the application process you may contact the Academic Affairs Office (email@example.com). Applicants may be nominated for a Presidential Fellowship.