- Follow the link to Register/Login.
- Click on "Apply to AFROTC," and follow the prompts.
2. Enroll in the Air Force ROTC courses with your university. (The course code should be something similar to AFSC 1201, 1202, 2201 and 2202.)
3. RSVP for and attend our New Cadet Orientation August 18 or 19, 2022 at our Detachment and bring the following:
- Original Birth Certificate (must be the original or certified copy)
- Original Social Security Card
- Completed Air Force Form 28, Pre-Participatory Physical with physician’s stamp. (File must be downloaded to your computer; it will not work if you try to open it from the website. There are a variety of low cost places you can get a sports physical other than your family physician or pediatrician. Try your university or college’s Student Medical Center or your local pharmacy, such as CVS or Walgreens.)
- Current immunization records
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- High School Transcript (can be a certified copy)
- College Transcripts (if applicable, can be unofficial)
- Certificate of completion for JROTC (if applicable)
- Provide permanent address, phone number and email.
- Selective service number for males (Visit www.sss.gov, click on "check a registration" and put in the appropriate information to retrieve your #.)
- DD Form 214 (if applicable)
- Bank account and routing number (can be found on a check)
- Current enrollment record showing full-time student status (enrolled in at least 12 credit hours)
- Your college/university may require you to be “force gained” into one of the courses due to conflicting lab times. If this is the case, contact AFROTC Cadre for help as soon as you are notified of the conflict.
- Cadets are required to complete at least three physical training (PT) sessions per week. PT is held every Monday – Thursday 0600 to 0700. You must complete your Form 28 (Pre-Participatory Physical Form) prior to participating in PT. If you do not have your physical complete, you will not be allowed to participate until the physical is complete and turned in to AFROTC Cadre. If you need a copy of the Form 28, contact the Detachment.
Air Force ROTC
University of Houston | 3875 Holman Street, Room 109 | Houston, TX 77204-5048
Phone: 713.743.4932 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This Air Force ROTC Detachment 003 website is provided as a public service by the University of Houston.
Information presented on the Detachment 003 website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
Information concerning visitors, use of this site is collected for analytical and statistical purposes, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Raw data logs will only be used to identify individual users and their usage habits for authorized law enforcement investigations or national security purposes. These logs are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
Unauthorized attempts to deny service, upload information, change information or attempt to access a non-public site from this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Title 18 of the U.S. Code to include the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us.
The Presence of Commercial/External Links
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force, the Defense Technical Information Center, the Department of Defense or this web site, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of the website.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Program is mandated by Congress and applies to all governmental agencies. The program allows the public to request information pertaining to an agency’s functions, practices and future plans. Anyone may request records under the FOIA. Public disclosure is mandatory unless exempted under Title 5 U.S.C. 552. In accordance with the Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments of 1996, agencies have 20 work days to respond to a FOIA request. As a general rule, the Air Force will not deliver unofficial mass mailings addressed to individuals at their duty addresses.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information (token) sent by a web server and stored on a user’s system (hard drive) so it can later be read back from that system. Using cookies is a convenient technique for having the browser remember some specific information. Cookies may be categorized as “session” or “persistent” cookies. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies that are used to maintain context or “state” between otherwise stateless web transactions (e.g., to maintain a "shopping basket" of goods selected during a single logical session at a site) and that must be deleted at the end of the web session in which they are created. “Persistent” cookies remain over time and can be used for a variety of purposes, including to track a user's access over time and across Websites, or to establish user preferences.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but you may need to enter the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners will not take you to the correct page. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable cookies.