The Goal of the Mathematics Department’s Tutoring Center is to help students learn math. Please note that we only tutor students who are enrolled in a University of Houston undergraduate math class.
What to expect
- A friendly staff eager to help you succeed in math.
- Tutoring done in a clear, patient, and understandable manner.
- One on one tutoring.
- Time to sit down with a tutor and ask specific questions.
- Computers on hand for quiz-taking or for viewing online lectures.
Tutoring Center Rules
Students: Please read our updated rules for the CASA Tutoring Center.
- IMPORTANT: Any new student must register his/her Photo and FingerPrint prior to check-in the Tutoring Center. This is a ONE TIME process at CASA-CBB Testing Center, room 242, down the hallway or at CASA-GAR Testing Center.
- No appointment is required.
- Only students who are currently enrolled in undergraduate mathematics courses offered by UH Central - Math Department are eligible for help (i.e. MATHxxxx). There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Tutors are not expected to do your online quizzes while they are in process, to do your assignments or to teach you material you have not studied.
- Cell phone must be turned off or on silent mode.
- Bring your own books and supplies.
- No food and/or drinks allowed.
NOTE: For any non-math tutoring, please go to Learning Support Services, N109 Cougar Village
CASA Tutoring Center - FALL 2023 Schedule
Tutoring location: CBB - Room 234
In- person hours: Monday to Thursday: 9am - 6pm & Friday: 9am - 2pm
If you are unsatisfied with a test grade, contact your instructor.