- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UH.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Work minimum 15 hours /week, maximum 20 hours /week.
- Must be available for any daily block schedule (for proctor and receptionist positions): 8:30am - 12pm, 12pm - 3pm, 3pm - 6pm, & 6 - 9:30pm.
- Must be available to work every day from Monday to Saturday.
- Take a math assessment after an interview (tutor position only). You must pass this test in order to work at CASA.
- Apply to one location per semester. Cannot apply to both locations at a same semester.
- Once got hired, employee must have to work the entire semester without voluntary resignation.
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
- TUITION WAIVER: ONLY AVAILABLE AT CASA-GAR. Must be able to work 20 hrs per week in a tutor and/or a proctor position to qualify for in-state tuition waiver. Please check with your major department for any other requirements.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: Currently offers GA - Non Exempts Title.
- Attend the Staff Mandatory Orientation before semester starts.
Receptionist : Handle front desk duties at CASA Tutoring Center.
- Requirement(s): clearly speak English and be friendly.
Tutor : Assist student one-on-one basis with all levels of undergraduate mathematics in a kind and friendly manner, be expert in the level assigned, take weekly quizzes every Friday.
- Requirement(s): depend on which level you would like to apply, a minimum skill of these math classes is required
- Statistics Tutor (Green): Math 1330, Math 2311, Math 1313
- Junior Tutor (Blue): Math 1310, Math 1330, and Math 1431
- Senior Tutor (Orange): Blue Level + Math 1432, Math 2433, Math 3321 and above
(Curriculum courses page)
Proctor : Assist in administering tests in the Testing Center as well as grading tests of freshman level math courses.
- Requirement(s): a minimum skill of freshman level mathematics up to Math 1330.
Positions are availbale at:
- CASA - GAR: Proctor, Tutor, and Receptionist.
- CASA - CBB: Proctor.