Hiring Math Tutors and Proctors for FALL 2023
- Go over CASA Requirements for the scheduled shifts and other info before applying.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted via email for an interview.
- Be careful to select the location of Testing Center as you won't be able to change the location during a semester.
Important dates for FALL 2023
- Application deadline: fill out the application ASAP.
- Hiring process: starting the 1st week of August until all the positions are filled.
- Returning employees @GAR: submit the application before July 31st, 2023.
- Mandatory Orientation & Training Sessions: Friday, Aug. 18th, 2023 between 10am and 3pm.
- First working day is Monday, Aug. 21st, 2023.
Please select the application you wish to complete:
$12 - $14.00
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UH Central.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Work minimum 15 hours /week, maximum 20 hours /week.
- Must be available for any daily block schedule (for proctor and receptionist positions): 8:30am - 12pm, 12pm - 3:30pm, 3:30pm - 7:30pm.
- Must be available to work every day from Monday to Saturday.
- Take a math assessment after an interview (tutor position only). You must pass this test in order to work at CASA.
- Apply to one location per semester. Cannot apply to both locations at a same semester.
- Once hired, the employee is expected to work the entire semester without voluntary resignation.
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
- TUITION WAIVER: ONLY AVAILABLE AT CASA-GAR. Must be able to work 20 hrs per week. Please check with your major department for any other requirements.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: Currently offers GA - Non Exempts Title.
- Attend the Staff Mandatory Orientation before semester starts.
Positions are availbale at
- CASA - GAR: Proctor, Tutor, and Receptionist.
- CASA - CBB: Proctor.
- For IT position(s): Do not fill out the form. CASA IT positions are posted on Cougar Pathway.