Digital Media Mission Statement
The University of Houston Digital Media program prepares technologically-savvy graduates to develop, design, and manage established and emerging media that meets and even exceeds the visual communications needs of their clients.
Digital Media Goals
Digital Media students learn to prepare and repurpose content for distribution through varying media giving consideration to both graphic design and technology.
Students will develop skills to:
- Communicate using words, photographs, and video;
- Effectively use social media;
- Develop, plan, cost-estimate, manage, and evaluate project workflows and schedules;
- Work in and manage groups; and
- Perform self-initiated research.
Upon completion of the program core, students complete one of several in-depth areas of concentration, including print media, packaging, motion media, eCommerce, and eMedia. These concentrations focus the student’s education on a specific field within digital media.
Successful completion of the program provides graduates with the skills needed to successfully obtain relevant employment and enjoy a highly satisfying career.