University of Houston
- UH LGBT Resource Center Community Involvement Scholarship – The successful candidate will have been involved in the LGBT community in one or more ways in the last two years. Emphasis will be given to on-campus involvement, service and volunteerism, but all involvement will be considered.
- UH LGBT Resource Center Pride Scholarship 2014-2015. – This scholarship is an essay contest for current UH students. The essay topic is "The benefits of being LGBTQ". Many times the LGBTQ community focuses on negative issues and problems that arise, so in this essay students will explore the joys, advantages, wonders and benefits of being a member of this fabulous community.
- Houston GLBT Community Center - The scholarship recognizes outstanding leadership shown by gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered high school seniors and current undergraduates. Selection is based upon character and need,not academic performance alone.
- PFLAG/HATCH Youth Scholarship Foundation - Funds needs-based scholarships for GLBT Houston area students.
- Houston Transgender Unity Community- Funds needs-based scholarship to recognize outstanding transgender students and to contribute toward their continuing education.
- APIQWTC Scholarship - Funds two $400 scholarships for Asian Pacific Islander lesbian, bisexual, or queer women or transgender individuals pursuing technical/professional training or higher education.
- COLAGE Houston Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE) offers scholarships for students with one or more LGBTQ parent. The e-mail address for the Houston chapter is Houston@colage.org.
- Believe in a Dream Scholarship - Offers scholarship year round to GLBT student who demonstrate need, academic achievement, and community involvement. Application
- Peggy Rudd Transgender Scholarship Fund-was created to recognize outstanding transgender students and to contribute toward their continuing education.
- OutTexas Foundation – The scholarship amount varies and is based on Texas residency, connection to the LGBT community, and applicants' future plans. Applications are due at the end of January each year.
- NLGJA Kay Longcope Scholarship Award - Funds scholarship for an LGBT person of color planning to pursue a career in journalism. Applicants must attend or plan on attending a U.S. community college or four-year university.
- NLGJA Leroy F. Aarons Scholarship Award Funds $5000 scholarship for an LGBT student planning to pursue a career in journalism. Applicant must attend or plan to attend a U.S. community college or four-year university.
- NWSA Graduate Scholarships in Lesbian Studies Funds scholarships for graduate lesbian studies.
- The Point Foundation Funds scholarships for undergrad, grad and post-grad students who are marginalized because of their sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Transgender Scholarship and Legacy Funds Funds scholarships for post-secondary students committed to affecting change in the transgender community though studies in the helping and caring professions.
- American Atheists Gay/Lesbian College Scholarship Funds scholarships for students who are atheists, awarded primarily based on activism.
- Colin Higgins Youth Courage Awards Colin Higgins Foundation awards grant youth activists ages 13 to 21 that have shown courage in fighting for LGBT human rights in their communities. To be considered for a grant, one must be nominated.
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund Funds needs-based scholarships for students actively working toward peace and justice at an accredited institution.
- HRC Foundation Generation Equality Scholarships Funds three non-renewable $2,000 scholarships for LGBT and allied students who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to the fight for queer equality.
- KarMel Scholarship Awards scholarships for written or artistic work on a GLBT topic.
- Kenneth W. Payne Student Prize Competition Funds scholarships for undergrad or grad student who writes a scholarly anthropological paper/study on a LGBT topic.
- LEAGUE Foundation Matthew Shepard Scholarship Funds scholarship for a student who demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity and understanding in the community.
- Malyon-Smith Scholarship Award Funds scholarships to support graduate student research in the psychology of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Traub-Dicker Rainbow Scholarship is sponsored by the Stonewall Community Foundation and awards three $3000 scholarship to lesbian identified students who are motivated to making a difference and have a history of academic excellence and community service.
- NOGLSTP National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals offers two $5000 scholarships to one undergraduate student and one graduate student in a science, technical, engineering, or mathematical (STEM) program.
- College Resource Network (www.collegeresourcenetwork.com) We are a free scholarship search engine and college planning website specializing in Minority Scholarships with a focus on LGBTQ Scholarships.
- The Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies – offers several graduate and undergraduate awards and scholarships ranging from $500 to $7000 for contribution to the field of LGBT studies.
- Financial Growth for LGBTQ Scholarship - $750 essay contest scholarship offered annually.
The R. Scott Hitt Foundation Internship in Leadership Development - This seven to nine month internship of graduates prepares future leaders for lasting leadership roles within organizations that support the LGBT movement.
Victory Fund - This internship program gives the opportunity to gain experience in LGBT political activism and network with leaders in local, state and national politics. They accept interns throughout the year for the spring, summer, and fall semesters in External Affairs, Finance & Operations, Fundraising & Donor Development, Leadership Programs, and Political areas.
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - The Task Force offers graduate and undergraduate internships available during the fall/winter, winter/spring and summer terms for university students or recent graduates covering Communications, Creating Change, Development, Government Affairs Internship, Policy Institute Internship, Pride Internship, and Special Events.
GLBT Studies Minor, University of Houston
The GLBT minor is housed within the Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (624 AH) and is administered by Dr. Guillermo de los Reyes.
Certificate in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Health - Drexel University
The online Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Health Certificate is intended for graduate students and practicing healthcare professionals who wish to better understand and address health issues specific to the LGBT community.