The University of Houston now offers the perfect solution for fast-moving startups interested moving technologies to the next level. UH’s new 30,000 sq.ft. Innovation Lab facility provides ready-to-use lab space designed to support chemical, materials and life sciences startups.
The UH Innovation Lab is positioned in a very supportive innovation environment.
The Lab is:
- Located in the highly-industrial UH Energy Research Park, which houses several startup, research and manufacturing efforts focused on energy and materials
- Next door to the UH Innovation Center, which provides office space for fast-moving startups
- Near the University of Houston flagship campus, giving access to highly-beneficial innovation and entrepreneurial resources, including talent, and core facilities
- Set up for potential pilot-scale production
- 28 fume hoods, 250 lab benches
- Priced well below market for companies cooperating with the university
Startups working out of the university will also have the support of UH Technology Transfer, which provides workshops and training, SBIR/STTR grant development assistance, and commercialization support.