Physical Wellness - UH Body Check
Did You Know?
Research has shown that Kegel exercises can help strengthen muscles in the pelvic and anal areas.
Dehydration leads to fatigue because it impacts the flow of oxygen to the brain. It makes your heart owrk harder to pump oxygen to all your bodily organs, making you more tired and less alert.
Grip training not only can strengthen your fingers, wrists, and forearms, but it can also help reduce the chances of developing carpal tunnel.
Finding Your Physical Activity Style
- Exercising Alone- Are you self-motivated? This is a good option, especially if a busy schedule prevents you from planning a regular time to be active every day.
- Training Buddy- You are more likely to commit to a routine with the support of a friend.
- Group Activity- Fitness classes offer you the chance to socialize while you exercise.
- Mixing It Up- You can always combine 2 or 3 of the options mentioned above.
- 42%Of adults achieved the equivalent of at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity per week.
- 72%Of college students and recent grads have challenges finding affordable health insurance to cover their annual physical exams.
- 49%Increase in graduation rates when students made a habit of participating in physical recreation.
- 10%Of college students who identified as female knew about PrEP, a prescription drug that prevents HIV transmission, when taken correctly.