STAC co Suffolk
NOTA BENE - These case names are approximate and very likely to be changed.
B Bill of Complaint Dr Demurrer A Answer Rn Replication Rr Rejoinder C Commission I Interrogatories D Deposition
Aldourse v Keeble
- STAC 5/A2/38 - B A - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Aldourse v Robert Keeble, Thomas Middlewood, Thomas Jerring, James Hubbard
- Thomas Aldewse of Mendlesham in Suffolk. STAC 5/A2/38
- see also STAC Aldourse
Aldriche v Pack and Freer
- STAC 5/A52/26 - B A I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Aldriche v Thomas Packe, Anthony Frere et al
- Inheritance of lands of John Packe deceased. STAC 5/A52/26
- Bill top part fragmentary. Two answers, One set of Interrogatories. Depositions of Margery Smyth (wife of John Smithe of Bramfourd Suffolk yeoman), Anthony Freyer of Thavis Inn. Richard Fryer gent now a prisoner in the Fleete, Re-examination of Anthony Fryer.
- STAC 5/A23/31 - I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Aldriche v Margery Smith, Richard Frere et al
- see also STAC Aldrich
Amys v Wildes
- STAC 5/A4/22 - B A - Hil 20 Eliz - Suffolk - William Amys v George Wyldes
- William Amys of Ipswich co Suffolk marchant. And where also your said subject October 17 Eliz delivered to John Wyldes of Ipswich marchant 27 lasts and a half of Crowne asshes of the value of CCCC li of lawful money of England. John Wildes being to sell the goods in Flanders on Amys behalf. Wilde was going to Flanders on his own business and as a factor for others. The goods were sold to unknown buyers and the money received. On his return from Flanders Wilde gave neither account nor money to Amys, both of which he had promised. Suit was brought against John Wilde in Guildhall of the City of London and Wilde brought George Wilde also of Ipswich a clothier as a witness, who swore that an account had been made and accepted. Amys charges George Wilde with perjury. STAC 5/A4/22
- see also STAC Amys
Amys v Laudisdale
- STAC 5/A6/10 - B - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - William Amys v John Laudisale, John How (jurors)
- William Amys of Hengrave co Suffolk yeoman. John Laudisale ?Landisdale the younger and John How clothiers dwelling in Bury St Edmunds. Sale of 40 stone of wool. STAC 5/A6/10
- see also STAC Amys
Andrews v Loneys
- STAC 5/A6/12 - B - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Andrewes v Thomas Loneys, Robert Mawe, [blank] Quensey
- Thomas Andrewes of London gent. in re land in Suffolk held in his lifetime by the late Felix Ricthorne of London pewterer. STAC 5/A6/12
- STAC 5/A38/16 - B A Rn - 38 Eliz - London - Thomas Andrews v Thomas Lonys, John Lonys, Rows Ricthorne
- STAC 5/A51/1 - I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk, London - Thomas Andrews v Thomas Lunnys et al
- see also STAC Andrews
Artis v Rous
- STAC 5/A27/37 - B I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Artys v Reignold Rouse, Thomas Buckenham, George Baldrey et al
- STAC 5/A20/9 - B A C I D - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Artis v Reynold Rous Sr, Reynold Rous Jr, Thomas Buckenham et al
- STAC 5/A7/20 - I D - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Artys v Renold Rouse, Simon Crisp
- STAC 7/10/3 - - - Suffolk - Robert Artys v Reynold Rowse, Luke Peele, Thomas Buckenham et al
- TNA Note: Great Badingham: Forcible entry on copyhold land. STAC 7/10/3
- STAC 5/A18/19 - B A Rn - 30 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Artys v John Haywarde alias Sadde, William Cullum
- STAC 5/A39/29 - I D - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Artis v John Hayward, William Gullam
- see also STAC Artis
Bence v Bence
- STAC 5/B42/34 - B A - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Bence v William Bence, William Hales, Thomas Lovenes
- STAC 5/B88/9 - I D - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Bence v Thomas Lovens
- STAC 5/B40/2 - B A C I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Bence v William Bence, Thomas Camell, Thomas Mellis et al
- STAC 5/B93/35 - I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Bence v Robert Bence Sr
- Robert Bence the younger v William Bence, Robert Bence the elder & John Damson. Possession of a house in Aldeburghe, Suffolk, bequeathed in the will of John Bense of Aldeburgh.
- see also STAC Bence
Boyton v Bacon
- STAC 5/B26/17 - B A C I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Boyton v John Bacon, Thomas Pyso et al
- perjury - dispute over a rectory (cm)
- STAC 5/B79/28 - I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Boyton v Thomas Camplyn, Matthew Newton
- STAC 5/B27/15 - I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Boyton v John Bacon
- see also STAC Boyton
- STAC 10/1/63 - Petition - - Suffolk - Petition of John Bradstreet
- TNA Note: Petition of John Bradstreet of Creeting, Suffolk, to examine charges of rebellion and other violence on which he is imprisoned - STAC 10/1/63
- see also STAC Breadstreet
Breadstreet v Reason
- STAC 5/B21/29 - I D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - John Bredstreate v Alexander Reason, John Pawle
- Interrs refer to assault about a mile outside Ipswich, Suffolk.(dk)
- STAC 5/B59/15 - I - - Suffolk - John Bradstreate v John Sheppard, Thomas Blomfeyld
- STAC 5/B69/25 - B - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - John Bredstrete v Thomas Cook, Thomas Mellys
- STAC 5/B68/9 - C D - - Suffolk - Suffolk - John Broadstrete v Alexander Rensom, Thomas Cooke et al
- STAC 5/B111/14 - Rn - - Suffolk - John Bredstreet v Alexander Reasbie, Thomas Blomefeild et al
- see also STAC Breadstreet
Briggs v Gibson
- STAC 7/10/28 - - - Suffolk - Brigges v Henry Gybson
- TNA Note: Rushmere: Assisting in abduction of plaintiff's daughter. STAC 7/10/28
- see also STAC Briggs
Brooke v Corman
- STAC 5/B96/39 - C I D - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Brooke, Richard Crane v John Corman, John Thompson alias Goddard et al
- STAC 5/B57/12 - Rn - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Brooke v John Corman, John Thompson
- Replication of Robt Brooke, Citizen and Alderman of London & Richard Crane to answer of John Corman, John Tompson als Goddard, Thomas Gester, Abraham Gilbart, Robt Smythe, Thomas Meene, Umfrey Thomas & Robt Bunett. Walberswick, Suffolk. STAC 5/B57/12
- STAC 5/B75/40 - I D - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Brooke, Richard Greene v John Corman, John Goddard et al
- see also STAC Brooke
Byles v Byles
- STAC 5/B110/12 - B - 21 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Byles et al v John Byles, Robert Dale et al
- STAC 5/B50/1 - C I D - Mich 21/22 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Byles, Christofer Ruddinge v John Byles, Robert Sowgate, Edmund Lever et al
- Interrs refer to Robert Byles of Ofton/Orton (no county), and whether or not he made a will. Depositions taken at Stowmarket, deponents from Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/B50/1
- STAC 5/B81/20 - C I D - 22 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Byles, Christopher Rooding v John Byles, Robert Sowgate
- STAC 5/B63/17 - I D - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Byles et al v John Byles et al
- STAC 5/B36/35 - A - 21 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Byles, Christopher Reading v John Byles, Robert Sowgate et al
- see also STAC Bill
Caldwell v Glover
- STAC 5/C78/33 - B Rr Surejoinder - Suffolk - William Caldewell, John Glover, William Seaman et al v Henry Hebert, Robert Hampton
- William Caldwell/Caldewell/Cawlewell, John Glover, Robert Glover, William Seman, John Tatton, John Kere, John Hinton, Thomas Scodage, Willm More, Robert Lyon, Willm Oamell, Richard Smyth & John Brigge of Olton/Oulton in the Hundred of Lothynglonde [Suffolk] v Henry Hobert/Hubberd, Robert Hamton/Hampton. (dk)
Castelyn v Glasscock
- STAC 5/C22/7 - B A C I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Castelyn v Robert Norten, Thomas Pratt, Thomas Glascock
- Thomas Castelyn of Ipswich, Suffolk, merchant. Fraud in making the will of Thomas Elmes of Ipswich.(dk) - STAC 5/C22/7
- STAC 5/C49/14 - I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Castelyn v Thomas Glasscock
- see also STAC Castelyn
Cavendish v Barrett
- STAC 5/C26/1 - B A - 21 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Cavendish v Roger Barret, James Gally, John Gally et al
- STAC 5/C20/4 - I D - 21 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Cavendish v Roger Barrett, James Galley et al
- Armed invasion of a house in Cavendish co Suffolk - STAC 5/C20/4
- see also STAC Cavendish
Cavendish v Howe
- STAC 5/C80/39 - B - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Rafe Cavendish v John Howe, Thomas London et al
- Rafe Cavendyshe of Cavendyshe, Suffolk v John Howe, John Kente, Thomas London & [blank] London. Assault on complt who had been retained by John Freer to act for him at the Courts in Westminster against John Kente of ?Fo..erth?, Essex (dk)
- see also STAC Cavendish
Clarke v Timperley
- STAC 5/C78/39 - B - - Suffolk - Edward Clerk v Thomas Tymperley, John Tomson et al
- Edward Clerke son of Walter Clerke v Thomas Tymperley, John Tomson the younger, Richard Smarte, Thomas Colman, Robert Coke, John Skynner, John Tomson the elder, John Coke the elder, John Coke the younger, William Coke, William Tomson, Robert Coke, Edwarde Glamfelde als Smyth. Close called Sowthalls in Hadley, Suffolk. (dk)
Claxton v Cooke
- STAC 5/C21/30 - B A R - 24 Eliz - Suffolk - John Claxton v Nicholas Cooke, William Johnson et al
- STAC 5/C54/4 - C I D - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - John Claxton v Nicholas Coke et al
- Assault while hunting hare. Complt from Cratfylde [Suffolk?], and most deponents from Suffolk. See also Cooke v Claxton.(dk) STAC 5/C54/4
- see also STAC Claxton
Clere v Hunaston
- STAC 5/C24/33 - B A C I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Sir Edward Clere v Robert Humston et al
- STAC 5/C16/5 - I D - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Sir Edward Clere v Robert Hinaston et al
- Interrs refer to tithes of corn, wool & lamb of Elneden, Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/C16/5
- STAC 5/C3/35 - Rn - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Sir Edward Cleare v Robert Huninston, Richard Brooke, Robert Leader, John Boul, Simon Ballard et al
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 51v. A writ of privilege to discharge a defendant of all actions laid on him at several men’s suit after his arrest except executions. Hunston, defendant, at the suit of Sir Edward Cleere, knight, plaintiff, being arrested while he attended to put in his answer by bill of Middlesex at the suit of one Raphe Houghe was discharged by writ of privilege of all actions as well such as were laid upon him after his first arrest and of all other except executions. Easter 35 Elizabeth (kk)
- see also STAC Clere
Collingwood v Bird
- STAC 5/C1/34 - B A - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - George Collyngwood v John Byrde, Thomas Byrde, James Englyshe, John Whittaker, Thomas Brewster et al
- George Collyngwood of Glennyford in the Co of Suffolk, gent. STAC 5/C1/34
- STAC 5/C13/2 - I D - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - George Collingwood v James Englishe
- STAC 5/C13/7 - I D - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - George Collingwood v Thomas Byrde
- STAC 5/C13/40 - I D - 42 Eliz - Suffolk - Gregory Collingwood v John Bird et al
- STAC 5/C46/23 - C I D - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - George Collynwood v John Byrd, James English et al
- STAC 5/C51/14 - I D - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - George Collingwood v Thomas Brewster, John Byrde et al
- STAC 5/C53/29 - Rn - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - George Collyngwood v John Byrd, Thomas Byrd, James Inglyshe
- STAC 5/C70/16 - I D - 42 Eliz - Suffolk - George Colingswood v John Bird, Thomas Bird, Thomas Broster et al
- see also STAC Collingwood
Cooke v Holmes and Spencer
- STAC 5/C27/12 - I D - 24 Eliz - Suffolk - Nicholas Coke v Leonard Spencer, Mathew Bamburghe
- STAC 5/C2/14 - B A Rn Rr - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - Nicholas Coke v Christopher Holmes, Leonard Spencer, Matthew Bamburghe, William Heade, Henry Goldingham et al
- Nicholas Coke, clerk, Parson of Rondlesham Suffolk. STAC 5/C2/14
- STAC 5/C38/3 - I D - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - Nicholas Coke v Henry Goldingham
- STAC 5/C46/14 - I D - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - Nicholas Cooke v William Goldingham
- see also STAC Cooke for other possible references in this case
Corbold v Hullock
- STAC 5/C78/15 - B - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbold v William Hullock, Thomas Hullock, Thomas Chapman et al
- Robert Corbold of Oarleton Colvell, Suffolk v William Hullock & Prudence his wife, Thomas Hullock of Gisleham & Mary his wife, Hullock Everard, Thomas Chapman, Thomas Meryman als Vyn, Robert Vennells, Christofer Nelson, John Palmer, Erasmus Watson & Elizabeth his wife, Alice Hayward widow and others. Destruction of crops of corn & peas grown on land leased at Gisleham in Suffolk.(dk) STAC 5/C78/15
- STAC 5/C70/5 - B A C I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbold v Hullock Everard, William Hillock, Prudence Hillock
- STAC 5/C1/21 - Dr A - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbold v William Hullocke et Prudence uxor, Hullocke Everard
- STAC 5/C60/8 - A - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbolde v Edward Browne et al
- STAC 5/C55/9 - Rn - Suffolk - Robert Corbold v Prudence Hullock, William Hullock, Edward Browne et al
- STAC 5/C17/34 - A - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbeld v Robert Venneller, Thomas Hullocke et al
- STAC 5/C12/28 - I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbold v Thomas Thacker, William Hullock et uxor, Hullock Everard
- STAC 5/C66/7 - I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Corbold v Edward Brown, Thomas Hullocke et al
- see also STAC Corbold
Corbold v White
- STAC 5/C15/33 - B A Rn - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - John Corbold v John Whyt
- John Corbold of Snape, Suffolk, Husbandman v John Whyt: Debt & Legacies due from the will of the complts father, also John Corbold (dk) STAC 5/C15/33
- STAC 5/C34/32 - I D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - John Corbolde v John White
- see also STAC Corbold
Cropley v Bardwell
- STAC 5/C80/26 - B - - Suffolk - Agnes Cropley v [blank] Pooly, Edward Bardwell et al See transcript STAC 5/C80/26
- Agnes Cropley v [blank] Pooly, Edward Bardwell, Edmund Melsome als Melsopp. As above, Mary Page heiress to lands in Westlye, Suffolk, taken to the house of Pooly in Icklingham, Suffolk. (dk) STAC 5/C80/26
- STAC 5/C63/11 - A - - Suffolk - Agnes Cropley v Edward Bardwell et al
- STAC 5/C8/37 - I D C - 2 Eliz - Suffolk - Widow Cropley v Edward Bardwell 2r
- Agneis Cropley widdow against Bardwell deft for Carrying away of Mary Page an heire & infant from the plt beeing her Aunt against theire willes & setting her on horseback & holding her on with his sword drawne: for this Comitted for two yeares, according to the Stat III Ricd & restored to her Aunt againe & fyned. BL Harley 2143 f.11 - M 2 Eliz
- see also STAC Cropley
Dawtrey v Nicholls
- STAC 5/D28/30 - B A - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - George Dawtrye v Erasmus Nicholls, Thomas Nicholls, Phillip Nicholls, Thomas Greene
- STAC 5/D4/26 - I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - George Dawtrye v Erasmus Nicholls, Thomas Nicholls, Philip Nicholls, Thomas Greene
- Deponents: Erasmus Nicolls, of Bramford, Suffolk, gent. Philip Nicolls, of Bramford, Suffolk, gent. Thomas Grene, of Bramford, Suffolk, labourer. Thomas Nicolls, of Bramford, Suffolk, gent. (dk) - STAC 5/D4/26
- see also STAC Dawtrey
Day v Lylly
- STAC 5/D30/10 - B A - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Deye v John Lylly, William Fyner et al
- STAC 5/D6/9 - I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Dey v John Lyllye
- Land in Bramford Suffolk, Deponent John Lylliye of Bricklesey co Essex, sailor.
- see also STAC Day
Day v Walton
- STAC 5/D3/3 - B A Rn - 42 Eliz - Suffolk - Edmund Day v Thomas Walton
- The Bill is imperfect and in two pieces, Answer 30 Jan Anno 43, Thomas Walton town clerk or recorder (for so it is termed in the records there) of the Town of Ipswich.
- STAC 5/D17/24 - I D - 43 Eliz - Suffolk - Edmond Day v Thomas Walton
- STAC 5/D13/34 - I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Edmond Daye v Thomas Walton
- STAC 5/D28/35 - I D C - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Edmund Daye v Thomas Walton
- STAC 5/D36/25 - I D - 45 Eliz - Suffolk - Edmons Daye v Jeffrey Starlinge, Thomas Walton et al
- see also STAC Day
Devereux v Harman
- STAC 5/D2/12 - B A - Easter 38 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Devereux v Thomas Harman, Robert Green
- STAC 5/D8/39 - I D - 38 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Devereux v Thomas Harman, Robert Greene
- STAC 5/D39/27 - R - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Devereux v Thomas Harman, Robert Greene
- STAC 5/D4/31 - I D - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Devereaux v Thomas Harman, Robert Greene
- Deponents: John Pierce, of Parham, Suffolk, yeoman, aged 50. William Bennett of Eekinge, Suffolk, husbandman, aged 50. Robert Appleyard, of Wyckham Markett, Suffolk, butcher, aged 70. Thomas Agas, of Sudburne, Suffolk, clerk, aged 60. Thomas Johnson, of Saxmondham, Suffolk, yeoman, aged 53. Robert Blocke, of Tunstall, Suffolk, labourer, aged 80. Thomas Base, of Benhall, Suffolk, yeoman, aged 46. William Cooke, of Glemham Magna, Suffolk, yeoman, aged 40. John Brame/Braine?, of Causye Ashe, Suffolk, Master of Arts & practitioner in phisick, aged 36. Sampson Wolverston, of Tuddenham, Suffolk, gent, aged 53. John Cuttinge, of Orford, Suffolk, gent, aged 48. John Baker als Farrowe, of Orford, Suffolk, labourer (shepherd), aged 70. (dk) - STAC 5/D4/31
- see also STAC Devereux
Downing v Reynolds and Wythers
- STAC 5/D28/1 - B A - 19 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downinge v John Wythers et uxor et filius, Richard Vynyar
- STAC 5/D3/17 - B A C I D - Trin 19/20 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downing v William Reynolds
- STAC 5/D3/18 - B A Rn C I D - Hil 20 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downing v William Reynolds, Richard Hare, Walter Averell, John Wythers Sr, John Wythers Jr, John Goslyn, Richard Vynor
- STAC 5/D9/13 - I D - 19 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downinge v John Wythers Sr, John Wythers Jr
- STAC 7/20/29 - - - Suffolk - Thomas Downynge v John Wythers et al
- STAC 5/D21/12 - I D - 19 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downyng v Richard Vynour et al
- STAC 5/D12/17 - I D - 20 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downinge v Nicholas Hale et al
- STAC 5/D24/15 - I D C - 20 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downinge v Nicholas Hair et al
- STAC 5/D31/15 - I D - 20 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downing v Walter Averell
- STAC 5/D24/2 - I D - 20 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Downing v Owen Reynolds
- see also STAC Downing
Downing v Gooche
- STAC 5/D40/27 - I D - 36 Eliz - STAC co Suffolk - William Downinge v Thomas Gooche
- Failure of jurors to attend assizes at Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Deposition of Thomas Gooche of Hoo, Norfolk (dk)
- see also STAC Downing
Edgar v Huntman
- STAC 5/E10/38 - B A - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Edgar v Thomas Huntman et uxor, William Crowfote, Thomas Baseley et al
- Robert Edgar of Sutterley Suffolk gent. Huntsman is also of Sutterley. An obligation for £12.
- see also STAC Edgar
Edwards v Jessop
- STAC 5/E10/1 - B - 7 Eliz - Suffolk - William Edwards v William Jessoppe, Robert Dowles
- William Edwards of Stradbroke co Suffolk. Property in Stradbroke - STAC 5/E10/1
- see also STAC Edwards
- STAC 5/E8/17 - B - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - Edmond Elwes v John Kempe et al
- STAC 7/2/26 - - - Suffolk - Edmund Elwes v William Kempe
- TNA Notes: Perjury in a Chancery suit on a bond for rent of the manor of Akenham
- see also STAC Elwes
Dean and Chapter of Ely v Mann
- STAC 5/E9/21 - B - 30 Eliz - Suffolk - Dean and Chapter of Elye v Thomas Mann, John Marshall et al
- STAC 5/E11/1 - B A C Rn I D - 31 Eliz - Suffolk - Dean & Chapter of Elye v Thomas Manne, John Martiall, Thomas Pechie et al
- STAC 5/E9/6 - I D - 30 Eliz - Suffolk - Dean and Chapter of Elye v Thomas Mann, John Martial et al
- Boundaries of a piece of ground called Townemore. Whether the tenants of the manors of Lakinghethe and/or Mildenhall, both Suffolk, have rights of common.(dk)
- STAC 5/E2/17 - Rr - 30 Eliz - Suffolk - Dean and Chapter of Ely v Robert Webb, Ambrose Ashwell, Thomas Man, Thomas Coates et al
- see also STAC Ely for other possible references
Fenn v Fenn
- STAC 5/F25/40 - A - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Ellen Fenne v Roger Barrow, Giles Bambrick et al
- STAC 5/F19/3 - A - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Ellen Fenne v John Paynel et al
- STAC 5/F20/10 - B A C I D - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Ellen Fenne v Clement Fenne Sr, Clement Fenne Jr, Margaret Pannell et al
- STAC 5/F13/13 - I D - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Ellen Fenne widow v John Penne et al
- Interrs refer to events at Clare in Suffolk.(dk)
- STAC 5/F10/9 - Rn - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Ellen Fenne v John Pannell et uxor, Roger Barrow et al
- see also STAC Fenn
Finch v Finch
- STAC 5/F22/31 - B A - 34 Eliz - Suffolk - John Fynch Sr v John Fynch Jr, Thomas Gonvyle.
- John Fynche the elder of Tuddenham in co Suffolk yeoman. John Fynche the younger eldest son to JF Sr did contract himself in marriage unto Suzan Barwicke then of Ipswich in co Suffolk without his father’s privitie or consent (and married her in London). STAC 5/F22/31
- STAC 5/F21/13 - I D - 34 Eliz - Suffolk - John Fynch v Thomas Gonell alias Gonnel
- STAC 5/F12/18 - I D - 34 Eliz - Suffolk - John Fynch Sr v John Fynch Jr et al
- see also STAC Finch
Fish v Fish
- STAC 5/F13/19 - B A C I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - William Fishe v John Fishe et uxor et filius, Peter Vale, Roger Foxe, Andrew Hunt et al
Fish v Perle
- STAC 5/F29/35 - B A C I D - 9 Eliz - Suffolk - Walyer Fyshe v Richard Perle, Thomas Smith et al
- STAC 5/F1/1 - I D - 10 Eliz - Suffolk - Walter Fyshe v Richard Jower, Thomas Laman
- Interrogatories to be ministered to Richard Jower & Thomas Laman defts on behalf of Walter Fysshe complt, include: Do you know the manor of Grete Fynberrowe [Great Finborough] otherwise called Ardens, and the mansion house upon the same. Were you at the said house 5 April last & was there any ladder set up at the end of the house that night or the next morning. Was the thatch pulled out, and who entered in where the thatch was pulled out, with what weapons. Did Richard Pearle come in at the hall window and did he break the pillars of the window and with what engine. - STAC 5/F1/1
- STAC 5/F7/23 - I D - 9 Eliz - Suffolk - Walter Fyshe v Richard Perle, Robert Jovre
- STAC 7/12/20 - - - Suffolk - Walter Fishe v Robert Marshall, Henry Moreton, Richard Pearke, Richard Joure, Thomas Smythe
- TNA Note: House called Arderns near Stowmarket. STAC 7/12/20
- see also STAC Fishe
Forth v Buckingham
- STAC 5/F2/19 - B - Hil 42 Eliz - Suffolk - Philologus Forth v Edmund Buckingham, Thomas Alderton, John Bradley
- Philologus Forth gent, of Wytnessham [Witnesham] Suffolk. Edmund Buckingham of Great Thornham Suffolk. STAC 5/F2/19
- STAC 5/F6/14 - I D - 43 Eliz - Suffolk - Philologus Forth v Edmund Bokenham et al
- STAC 5/F3/28 - B A C I D - 42 Eliz - Suffolk - Philologus Forthe v Henry Bokenham, John Bradley, Thomas Alderton et al
- see also STAC Forth
Fox v Aldouse
- STAC 5/F29/24 - B - - Suffolk - Lewis Foxe v Robert Aldowse
- STAC 5/F5/24 - I D - 4 Eliz - Suffolk - Lewis Foxe v Robert Aldhows
- STAC 7/12/15 - - - Suffolk - Lewis Fox v Robert Aldhouse
- TNA Note: Seizure of cattle, etc, on Wotton Common. STAC 7/12/15
- see also STAC Fox
- STAC 5/F12/20 - B A C I D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - Sir Charles Framingham v William Hare et al
- STAC 5/F21/31 - I D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - Sir Charles Framingham v Thomas Scrokes, Robert Maye et al
- STAC 7/2/37 - - - Suffolk - Sir Charles Framingham, v Michael Hare, William Hare, Thomas Scroke, Thomas Sheminge et al
- STAC 7/2/37 - TNA Notes: Perjury in a suit for land in Snape and Friston
- see also STAC Framingham
Fyske v Fyske
- STAC 5/F13/19 - B A C I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - William Fishe v John Fishe et uxor et filius, Peter Vale, Roger Foxe, Andrew Hunt et al
- William Fyske of Cratfilde, Suffolk. Right of way through complts copyhold messuage in Cratfilde.(dk)
- STAC 5/F31/37 - Rn - - Suffolk - William Fyske v Roger Foxe, George Harryson et al
- STAC 5/F27/25 - I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - William Fyske v John Fyske et al
- STAC 5/F22/34 - I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - William Fiske v John Fiske
Gardner, v Tyrrell
- STAC 5/G4/6 - B A - Easter 26 Eliz - Suffolk - John Gardner et uxor v John Tirrell, Robert Purdie, Christopher Cottway, William Cottway, William Driver
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 17r. The length of interrogatories adjudged superfluous and costs ordered to the defendant. John Gardner, plaintiff; John Turrell: the court ordered the plaintiff to pay costs to the defendant for ministering 45 interrogatories which are more in number than the rule of the court warranteth and so superfluous. Easter 25 Elizabeth (kk)
- STAC 5/G45/15 - D - 23 Eliz - Suffolk - John Gardener v Philip Tyrell, John Tyrrell
- STAC 5/G31/36 - I D - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - John Gardiner, Agnes Gardiner v John Tyrrell, Halnouth Hales
- STAC 5/G21/21 - C A D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - John Gardnar et al v John Tyrrel, William Reade et al
- STAC 5/G18/2 - I D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - John Gardyner v John Tirrell, John Howes, John Driver et plur’ al
- STAC 5/G13/28 - I D - 24 Eliz - Suffolk - John Gardyner et uxor v John Tirrell
- STAC 7/2/41 - - - Suffolk - John Gardyner et Agnes uxor v John Tirrell, Chritsopher Cotwaye, Elizabeth Barnard, Edward Woodshide et al
- TNA Notes: Corruption of a jury - STAC 7/2/41
- see also STAC Gardiner
Godbold v Mumford
- STAC 7/12/24 - - - Suffolk - John Godbold v William Mumford, Guy Hayll, Robert Howlett, William Kewe, John Edmondes
- TNA Note: Felling timber near Southold [Southwold or Southolt?]. STAC 7/12/24
- see also STAC Godbold
Granger v Stafford
- STAC 7/2/49 - - - Staffordshire - John Graunger, Nicholas Patterick et al v Thomas Stafford, William Lynnes, Alice Stafford, Joan Shovell
- STAC 7/2/49 - TNA Notes: Coton-under-Hanbury: Enclosure of common. John Graunger, Nicholas Patterick et al, tenants in Coton-under-Hanbury
- see also STAC Granger
Green v Everard & Stares
- STAC 5/G9/3 - B A Rn Rr - 31 Eliz - Suffolk - William Greene v Edward Everard, Bennit Stares et al
- William Grene late of Bungey, Suffolk. Stoweparke part of the manor of Bungey. Forgery of entry in Court Roll.(dk) - STAC 5/G9/3
- STAC 5/G28/27 - I D - 31 Eliz - Suffolk - William Green v Edward Everard, Bennit Stares
- STAC 5/G7/35 - I D - 31 Eliz - Suffolk - William Greene v Bennet Stares Sr, Bennet Stares Jr, John Molle et al
- see also STAC Green
Groom v Betts
- STAC 5/G9/13 - B - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Groome, Leonard Crone v George Bettes, Richard Bettes et al
- Woodham, Suffolk. Complt Robert Groome of Thorneden, Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/G9/13
- STAC 5/G3/27 - A - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Groome, Leonard Crane v George Betts et uxor, John Hunt
- STAC 5/G39/31 - I D - 30 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Groom, Leonard Crane v John Hunt, Agnes Betts
- STAC 5/G31/28 - I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Groom, Leonard Groom, George Betts
- see also STAC Groom
Groom v Bloyes
- STAC 5/G44/17 - Rn - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - George Groome Thomas Culham v William Bloize, Alice Bloize
- STAC 5/G36/9 - I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - George Groom, Thomas Cullum v William Bloize et al
- STAC 5/G40/8 - C I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - George Grome, Thomas Culhas v William Blois, Robert Barker et al
- STAC 5/G13/6 - B A - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - George Grome, Thomas Culham v William Bloyes et uxor, Robert Baker et al
- STAC 5/G17/36 - I D - 34 Eliz - Suffolk - George Grome, Thomas Culham v William Bloyes
- STAC 5/G9/14 - I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - George Grove, Thomas Culham v William Bloyse, Robert Barker et al
- Ipswich, Suffolk. Deponent Tho Attkyns from Brockford, Suffolk, husbandman.(dk) - STAC 5/G9/14
- STAC 5/G7/32 - I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - George Groome, Thomas Culham v William Bloyse et al
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 59v. Two plaintiffs complained for several offences done in particular to themselves, to be examined either for other as witnesses. Groom and Colham, plaintiffs; Bloyse et al: the plaintiffs prayed that for as much as they complained of several offences done to either of them in particular by the defendants, that therefore they the plaintiffs prayed that they might be examined as witnesses either for other on Her Majesty’s behalf, the which the court referred to Mr Mill to order according to the course of the court. Easter 36 Elizabeth (kk)
- see also STAC Groom
Ipswich v Wythepoll
- STAC 5/J8/5 - B A Rn Rr C I D - 10 Eliz - Suffolk - The Bailif and Burgesses of the Towne of Ipswich v Edmund Wythepoll et al
- STAC 5/J4/7 - I D - 10 Eliz - Suffolk - The Bayliffs Burgesses and Commonaltie of the town of Ipswiche v Edmund Wythepoll
- Deponents, 20 November Anno 10 Eliz: Edmund Withepole of Ipswich Suffolk esquire, and William Meadwe? Roger Colthurst, Thomas Leghton, and John Thompson, his servants. Deponents 19 May Anno 10 Eliz: Richard Ruben alias Gregory of Hempeston? Suffolk husbandman aged 60. John Bonell alias Bollen husbandman aged 54, John Symon husbandman aged 60, John Wenell husbandman aged 50, all of of Bockyng Ashe [Ashbocking] Suffolk. John Hurte of Callenhan? Suffolk husbandman aged 30. John Repkyn barbor aged 55, Thomas Dowson blacksmith 60, William Hassell? bricklayer 40, Robert Hall sherman aged 70, John Newman aged 46 all of Ipswich Suffolk. Matthew Gooding of Grofelde? Suffolk clothemaker aged 60 and above. Robert Sallowes grocer aged 57, Edmund Leche draper aged 65, John Symons clockmaker 50. Robert Osborne weaver aged 61. John Smith blacksmith aged 46. Richard Battell sherman aged 48. Christopher Tolson taylor aged 45 all of Ipswich Suffolk. Nicholas Faux clerk vicar of Asshe Bocking Suffolk aged 53 (signed Fakeys) - STAC 5/J4/7
- STAC 5/J21/40 - I D - 10 Eliz - Suffolk - Bailiffs Burgesses and Commomalty of Ippeswich v Edward Wythepoll
Jeffrey v Shelley
- STAC 5/J21/32 - B A Rn Rr - 14 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Jeffery, John Jeffery v John Shelley Sr, John Shelley Jr, Nicholas Jordeyne et al
- John Jefferay Sergeant at the Lawe and Richard Jefferay of Grayes Inne in the co of Middlesex gent his brother. Estate of William Everett of Mallynge Suffolk.
- STAC 5/J5/7 - I D - 14 Eliz - Suffolk - John Jeffray, Richard Jeffray v John Shelley Sr, John Shelley Jr, George Shelley et al
- STAC 5/J13/5 - I D - 17 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Jeffrey v John Shelley et al
- STAC 5/J3/38 - I D - 19 Eliz - Suffolk - John Jefferay, Richard Jefferay v John Shelley, George Shelley et al
- Lewes in Suffolk. STAC 5/J3/38
Jeffrey v Shelley
- STAC 5/J4/22 - I D - 37 Eliz - Sussex - Richard Jeffrye v Edward Mountagu, John Luffman.
- Report STAC 5/J4/22r
- STAC 5/J12/37 - I D - 38 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Jeffrey v Nicholas Shelley, John Jones et al
- STAC 5/J22/18 - Rn - 38 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Jefferay v Edward Mountague, Nicholas Shelley et al
- see also STAC Jeffrey
Jermy v Cole
- STAC 5/J14/9 - B A Rn Rr - 21 Eliz - Suffolk - William Jermy, Stephen Woodgate v Robert Cole, Henry Johnson, Nicholas Fryer et al
- STAC 5/J4/4 - I D - 20 Eliz - Suffolk - William Jermye, Stephen Woodgate v William Cole, Elye Lewes
- STAC 5/J5/29 - I D - 20 Eliz - Suffolk - William Jermye, Stephen Woodgate v Henry Jobson, Nicholas Fryer et al
- see also STAC Jermey
Johnson v Crisp
- STAC 5/J6/23 - B A C - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Johnson v Nicholas Crispe, John Garrill et al
- STAC 5/J9/29 - A - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Johnson v Nicholas Crispe, Thomas Lece
- STAC 5/J12/17 - I D - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Johnson v Thomas Lece
- STAC 7/3/22 - - - Suffolk - Robert Jonson, v Nicholas Cryspe, Thomas Felton et al
- TNA Notes: Halesworth: Assaults and false imprisonment of plaintiff who was charged to arrest Roger Bonytt. Nicholas Cryspe, constable of Halesworth. STAC 7/3/22
- see also STAC Johnson
Keble v Mayes
- STAC 5/K1/9 - B A Rn Rr C I D - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Keble v James Mayes
- Customary tenancy in Chediston Suffolk - STAC 5/K1/9
- see also STAC Keble
London v Knevett
- STAC 7/4/4 - - - Suffolk - Richard London v Nicholas Knevett, Humphrey Knevett
- TNA Note: Eye: Refusal to pay for land purchased of plaintiff. STAC 7/4/4
- see also STAC London
Lovell v Tye
- STAC 5/L45/20 - B - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Lovell v Thomas Tye, Francis Hagward et al
- Thomas Lovell of Laxfield, Suffolk. Breaking of hedges & disturbing valuable breeding horses & cattle at Laxfield. (dk) - STAC 5/L45/20
- see also STAC Lovell
Marten v Wingfield
- STAC 5/M1/12 - I D - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Marten v Thomas Wingfeild
- Interrogatories to to be ministered to Thomas Wingfield gent deft on behalf of Richard Marten deft. Inprimis whether did one Isak Griffyn at Saint Edmondsbury co Suffolk after you being then undersheriff of the said County whether you would serve an execution upon Henrie Wingfield of Crofild (Crowfield) co Suffolk gent. . . in your chamber at the Inn at the sign of the Greyhound in Ipswich. Deposition: Thomas Wingfeld of Brantham co Suffolk. STAC 5/M1/12
- STAC 5/M13/3 - I D - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Marten v Thomas Wingfield
- see also STAC Martin
Muskett v Paten
- STAC 5/M15/5 - I D - 26 Eliz - Suffolk - William Muskett v Marmaduke Paten
- Interrs refer to court held in the manor of Conveston, Suffolk. Deponent is of Collyweston, Suffolk. (possibly what is now Coney Weston?)(dk) - STAC 5/M15/5
- see also STAC Muskett
Neve v Gray
- STAC 5/N6/25 - B A C - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Neve v Thomas Graye, Robert Bardwell
- Thomas Neve of Blythborowe, Suffolk. Mortgage of copyhold lands in manor of Raydon, Suffolk. Chancery suit v Thomas Greye of Wrugford, Suffolk. Perjury.(dk) - STAC 5/N6/25
- STAC 5/N6/20 - B - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Neve v Thomas Graye, Richard Bardwell
- Thomas Neve of Blythborow, Suffolk. Refers to chancery suit v Thomas Graye of Waingford, Suffolk. Appears to be copy of bill in STAC 5/N6/25.(dk) - STAC 5/N6/20
- STAC 5/N1/13 - A - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Neve v Thomas Grey et al
- see also STAC Neave
Newdick v Rolfe
- STAC 5/N3/23 - B A - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Nendyke v Robert Rolfe, John Watson et al
- Richard Nendyke of Hadleighe co Suffolk clothier. Robert Rolfe of Hadleighe co Suffolk gent kept 4 retainers in livery being neither menial servants nor other officers nor learned in the law or other. Contrary to Statute. Lands in Hadleigh - STAC 5/N3/23
- STAC 5/N13/15 - I D - 38 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Newdick v Thomas Rolfe et al
- STAC 5/N10/20 - I D - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Newdyke v Edward Blackmore, John Watson et al
- see also STAC Newdick
Norton v Blyke
- STAC 5/N7/2 - B A Rn - 17 Eliz - Suffolk - Gregory Norton v Margaret Blyke et al
- Lease of pasture in Metfield, Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/N7/2
- see also STAC Norton
Nuttall v Snelling
- STAC 5/N7/13 - B Dr - 28 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Nuttall v John Snellinge
- Thomas Nuttall of Benyleye, Suffolk. Chancery suit v John Snellinge of Great Wenham, Suffolk. Perjury.(dk) - STAC 5/N7/13
- see also STAC Nuttall
Nuttall v Veysey
- STAC 5/N6/23 - B - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Nutthall v Arthur Vesie Sr, Arthur Vesie Jr
- Thomas Nuthall of ?Bentley?, Suffolk. Purchase of lands in Hadlie, Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/N6/23
- STAC 5/N14/32 - B A - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Nuttal v Arthur Veisey Sr, Arthur Veisey Jr
- STAC 5/N8/25 - A - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Nuttall v Arthur Veysey Jr et al
- STAC 5/N8/5 - I D - 33 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Nutthall v Arthur Veysye
- see also STAC Nuttall
Oglethorpe v Moore
- STAC 5/O7/29 - B - 16 Eliz - Suffolk - Mark Oglethorpe v John Moore, Edmond Moore.
- Marke Oglethorpe of Grays Inn, Middx. Wardship of Michael Wentworth of Metfield, Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/O7/29
- see also STAC Oglethorpe
Okeley v Antilbye
- STAC 5/O1/33 - B - 30 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Okley v Philip Antilbye, William Syer, William Palmer, Robert Hellhouse
- see also STAC Okeley
Okeley v Mayhew
- STAC 5/O8/51 - B - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Okeley v John Mayhew, Thomas Palmer, Robert Dobbes et al
- Thomas Okeley of Axsreth, Suffolk. Land in Friston, Suffolk. STAC 5/O8/51
- STAC 5/O2/10 - I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Okeley v Peter Mayhewe, William Mayhewe
- see also STAC Okeley
Okeley, v Palmer
- STAC 5/O8/21 - B - 23 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Okeley v William Palmer.
- Thomas Okeley of the Inner Temple London gent, in re land in Snape in Suffolk - STAC 5/O8/21
- see also STAC Okeley
Permefoy v Cocke
- STAC 5/P7/8 - B A - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Permefoy et uxor v William Cocke, Thomas Pye, Henry Creame
- STAC 5/P5/4 - Rn - 35 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Permfoye et uxor v William Cocke, Thomas Pye, Henry Creame
- STAC 5/P17/28 - I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Pormefoy et uxor v William Cocke, Thomas Pye et al
- STAC 5/P8/34 - C I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - Edward Parmefoys et uxor v William Coke, Thomas Rye, Henry Creame
- Christs Hospital in Ipswich - STAC 5/P8/34
- see also STAC Permefoy
Reve v Ellyott
- STAC 7/5/3 - - - Suffolk - Anthony Reve v John Ellyott
- TNA Note: Perjury in an action against plaintiff for trespass. STAC 7/5/3
- see also STAC Reeve
Scott v Foxe
- STAC 5/S1/18 - B A - Easter 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Scott v Nicholas Foxe, Thomas Neche, Robert Foxe
- Robert Scott vicar of the Parish of Mendham co Suffolk. STAC 5/S1/18
- STAC 5/S33/34 - I D - 29 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Scott v Nicholas Foxe
- see also STAC Scott
Seaman v Crapnell
- STAC 5/S45/8 - B Dr - 42 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Seaman v Philip Crapnell, Simon Gonnell et al
- STAC 5/S69/36 - B A Rn - 43 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Seaman v John Bradstreet, Christopher Crapnell et al
- STAC 5/S36/30 - B - 43 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Seaman v Christopher Crapnell, Symon Gunnell et al
- STAC 5/S74/30 - B - 43 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Seaman v Christopher Crapnell, John Bradstreet et al
- STAC 5/S35/32 - I D - 43 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Seaman v Philip Crapnell, Symon Gunnell et al
- Interrs refer to evidence presented to a jury on an action of trespass between Symon Gunnell & Thomas Sedman at the assizes at Bury St Edmunds.(dk)
- STAC 5/S52/19 - I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Seaman v John Bradsheete, Philip Crapnell et al
- STAC 5/S78/14 - I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Searnan v Symon Gunnell et al
- see also STAC Seaman
Selling v Bedingfield
- STAC 5/S46/11 - B A Rn - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Sellynge v Peter Bedyngfeild
- STAC 5/S52/35 - I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Richard Selling v Peter Bedyngfeild
- STAC 7/15/18 - - - Suffolk - Richard Sellinge v Peter Bedingfelde
- TNA Note: Lowestoft: Refusal to deliver a bond on its fulfilment.
- see also STAC Sellinge
Shene v Gray
- STAC 5/S29/37 - I D - 13 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Shene, Peter Vicars v Henry Graye, John Graye, William Styles et al
- STAC 5/S10/29 - I D - 14 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Shene, Peters Vicars v Roger Graye
- STAC 5/S26/7 - B A Rn - 18 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Shere, Peter Vicars v Roger Gray, William Stiles
- STAC 7/15/10 - - - Suffolk - Robert Shene, Peter Vycars v Roger Gray
- TNA Note: Eye: Riot on the manor. STAC 7/15/10
- see also STAC Shene
Smith v Gawdy
- STAC 5/S1/6 - I D - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Smithe v Philip Gawdy, Thomas Robinson, Roger Manning, John Knapp, [blank] Foster, Dudley Fortescue.
- Dep: exam’o capt 29 die Novembr Anno R Rne Eliz 41mi Sup Interr ex’te Henrici Smith quet ministrat. Phillip Gawdie of Chelton in the Countie of Suff Esquier and Dudley Fortescue of Chilton co Suff Esq. Int: In primis did not you Roger Mannynge having in your hand a pitchforke together with John Knap having a pitchforke and Henry Kendall having a pitchforke by the appoyntment of Phillip Gawdy Esquire on Monday xiiijth August last past come into a field of Thomas Robinson of Sudbrey . . . in the parish of Chiltern . . . with purpose to gather in the tithe. STAC 5/S1/6
- STAC 5/S61/19 - I D - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Smith v Thomas Robinson et al
- STAC 5/S28/19 - B A Dr - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Smith v Dudley Fortescue, Philip Gawdie
- STAC 5/S39/26 - A - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Smyth v Thomas Robynson
- STAC 5/S26/11 - Rn - 42 Eliz - Suffolk - Henry Smyth v Dudley Fortescue, Thomas Robinson et al
- see also STAC Smith, F-H
Stanhope v Bence
- STAC 5/S69/4 - - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - Michael Stanhope v William Bence, Philip Holmes et al
- STAC 5/S24/11 - I D - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - Michael Stanhope v Robert Benne, Robert Bradley
- Suffolk. Perambulation of Sudburne, and boundary with Adelbroughe in Town Marsh als South Marshe & Dobbes marshe.(dk) - STAC 5/S69/4
- see also STAC Stanhope
Taylor v Bateman
- STAC 7/15/43 - - - Suffolk - Philip Taylor v Richard Bateman, Francis Colborne, William Bloyse
- TNA Note: Illegal arrest and maintenance of suits. STAC 7/15/43
- see also STAC Taylor
Thompson v Norman
- STAC 7/6/20 - B A I D - 31 Eliz - Suffolk - Joseph Thompson v Dennis Norman
- Bill: Joseph Thompson of Aldeburgh Suffolk gent. Young wood standing growing and being in Knotteshall [Knettishall] co Suffolk. The said Dyonize Norman is a Common Juror and an Imbracer and packer of Juries.
- Answer of Dionize Norman dated 8 Feb Anno 31 Eliz. Depositions 11th Feb Anno 31 Eliz.
- TNA Note: Bury St Edmunds: Perjury as to timber at Knettishall.
- see also STAC Thompson
Thurnall v Hedgman
- STAC 7/6/18 - B A - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - John Thurnall v Thomas Hedgman Richard Howsden, and John Webb
- Bill: indorsed 24 Oct Anno 39 Eliz. Answer: Richard Howsden. Answer: Thomas Hedgeman gent. Answer: John Webb
- TNA Note: Engrossing corn, and procuring outlawry of plaintiff.
- STAC 5/T32/9 - Rn - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - John Thurnall v Thomas Hedgeman
- STAC 5/T9/29 - I D - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - John Thurnall v John Webbe
- see also STAC Thurnall
Till v Harvey
- STAC 5/T8/28 - B A C I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Till v Thomas Harvy, John Harvy, Martin Osborne Sr, Martin Osborne Jr
- STAC 5/T19/25 - I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Till v Thomas Harvey, Martin Osborne, Thomas Osborne
- STAC 7/7/26 - - - Suffolk - Robert Tyll v Thomas Harvy, John Manfeild, et Alice uxor et al
- TNA Note: Hundon: Forcible ejection from a tenancy in the manor, and destruction of fences. STAC 7/7/26
- see also STAC Till
- STAC 7/6/30 - B Dr A - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Christopher Toftwood et Adrye uxor v Robert Grome, Charles Goffe, Henry Gibsonne, Thomas Strutte, Thomas Pepper
- Bill dated 14 Jan Anno 27 Eliz. Demurrer of Thomas Pepper and Thomas Strutte. Answer of Henry Gybson dated 13 Feb Anno 27 Eliz
- TNA Note: Mellis: Forcible entry and arrest under a pretended warrant.
- see also STAC Toftewood
Townshend v Dameron
- STAC 7/7/4 - - - Suffolk - Roger Tunneshende v John Dameron, John Butter, Richard Brewse, John Bearte et al
- TNA Note: Akenham: Seizure of timber. STAC 7/7/4
- see also STAC Townshend
Tutty v Nicholson
- STAC 5/T3/8 - B A - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Tutty v Michael Nicholson, John Tutty
- Thomas Tutty of Carlton Colville co Suffolk husbandman. Land goods and chattles in Henstead Suffolk - STAC 5/T3/8
- STAC 5/T18/10 - I D - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Tuttey v John Tuttey, Michael Nicholson
- STAC 5/T4/17 - Rn - 36 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Tutty v Michael Nicholson, John Tutty
- see also STAC Tutty
Walton cum Trimley tenants v Cove
- STAC 5/W23/7 - B A C I D - 41 Eliz - Suffolk - Tenants of Walton cum Trimley v Allen Cove, John Smith
- see also STAC Walton
Warner and Hargreaves v Crapnell
- STAC 5/W3/24 - I D - 25 Eliz - Middlesex, Suffolk - Francis Warner et al v John Crampnell Interrogatories
- Transcribed STAC 5/W3/24
- Item whether have you with any other or others stollen any horse or horses mare or mares in any other Countie or Counties then the said Counties of Suffolk and Middlesex. Deponent John Crampnell of Franyngham in the Co of Suffolk yeoman 25 May Anno 25 Eliz. - STAC 5/W3/24
- STAC 5/W71/17 - I D - 27 Eliz - Middlesex, Suffolk - Francis Warner et al v John Crapnell alias Cracknell
- STAC 5/W48/12 - I D - 27 Eliz - Middlesex, Suffolk - Francis Warner, James Hargrave et al v John Crapnell
- STAC 5/H59/24 - B A Rn Rr I D - 26 Eliz - Middlesex, Suffolk - James Hargraves, Walter Kerrick et al v John Cracknell alias Crapnell
- see also STAC Warner
Weeche v Gawdy
- STAC 5/W14/24 - B A Rn C I D - 25 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Weeche v Thomas Gawdie, William Calthropp et al
- Interrs refer a heath called Shotford Heath in Waybred, Suffolk. Large number of deponents all from Suffolk.(dk) - STAC 5/W14/24
- STAC 5/W55/27 - B A - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Wheche v Thomas Gawdy, John Botewright et al
- STAC 5/W1/21 - I D - 27 Eliz - Suffolk - Thomas Weche v Thomas Gawdy, John Boatwright, Robert Launce, Randall Pycrofte
- see also STAC Weech
Wrote v Jernegan
- STAC 5/W65/27 - B A Rn Rr - 22 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Wrotte v John Jernegam
- Robert Wrotte of Gunton, Suffolk. Ground called the Deanes in Gunton. Perjury at Suffolk Assizes.(dk)
- STAC 5/W18/18 - I D - 22 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Wrote v John Jernegan
- STAC 5/W51/2 - I D - 22 Eliz - Suffolk - Robert Wrote v John Jennegan
- see also STAC Wrote
Almoner v Holmes
- STAC 5/A2/29 - B A - 14 Eliz - Suffolk - Almoner v John Holmes
- William Sturgen at Shelley Suffolk ryding upon a certain Gelding coullor Sorrell baye with a saddle and bridle price 36s 8d in a certain river called Shelley water by misfortune was there drowned, list an value of clothes jewellry etc on him at the time. deodand. STAC 5/A2/29
- STAC 5/A9/34 - I D - 14 Eliz - Suffolk - Almoner v John Holmes
- see also STAC Holmes
Almoner v Richardson
- STAC 5/A4/34 - B - 32 Eliz - Suffolk - Almoner v James Richardson et uxor
- Steven Crane of co Suffolk yeoman felo de se. STAC 5/A4/34
- see also STAC Richardson
Almoner v Walden
- STAC 5/A38/33 - B - 9 Eliz - Suffolk - Almoner v Sylvester Walden, Edmund Atmer, Robert Crowe
- Brandonferry. Suffolk. STAC 5/A38/33
- see also STAC Walden
AG v Canham
- STAC 5/A14/33 - B A - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v John Canham, Richard Goodman et al
- STAC 5/A55/35 - I D - 44 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v John Canham et al
- Downeham Suffolk. STAC 5/A55/35
- see also STAC Canham
AG v Drury
- STAC 5/A5/20 - B A - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v Robert Drewrie, Myles Excelbye, Robert Wyeth, William Parker, Thomas Baker et al
- Engrossing of corn. Suffolk. STAC 5/A5/20
- STAC 5/A22/20 - I D - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v Robert Drury, William Webbe et al
- STAC 5/A28/30 - I - 39 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v Robert Drewrye, Henry Copsey et al
- STAC 5/A12/7 - A - 40 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v Myles Excelby et al
AG v Excelby
- STAC 5/A12/7 - A - 40 Eliz - - Suffolk - AG v Myles Excelby et al
AG v Uttinge
- STAC 5/A42/33 - B A I - 2 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v Edward Uttynge
- STAC 7/10/23 - - - Suffolk - AG (Gilbert Gerrard) v Edward Uttynge
- TNA Note: Extortion in office. Edward Uttynge, under-sheriff of Suffolk. STAC 7/10/23
- see also STAC Uttinge
AG v Wilson
- STAC 5/A55/40 - I D - 37 Eliz - Suffolk - AG v Judith Wilson, John Thomson et al
- see also STAC Wilson
Palmer's cumulative totals of Star Chamber fines preserved in the E159s (rp)
- TNA E159/342 Easter Term, 2 Elizabeth. Fine paid 28 May 1560
- From Edward Uttinge de Nedeham Market, Suff: 40 marks.
- TNA E159/344 Michaelmas Term, 3 Elizabeth. Fine paid 14 November 1561
- From Francis Jermye de Netfelde, Suff, armiger, for his fine: £26 13s 4d.
- From the same Francis Jermye for the fines of William Jermy, John Nelson, Thomas Hilberde, Robert Thurston, Robert Curtes, Thomas Goslyn, Robert Fuller, Edmund Hille, Thomas Ellis, John Parson, Richard Jones, and Thomas Hedde: £58 4s 6d.
- These fines are for a great riot of late committed within the said county of Suffolk.
- TNA E159/356 Hilary Term10 Elizabeth
- A recognizance for the appearance of John Turnour of Sudbury, pewterer, at Star Chamber on 4 June. John Turnour recognized a debt of £20. His sureties (Richard Radford and Thomas Froste) each recognized a debt of £10. The recognizance would be null and void if Turnour appeared.
- TNA E159/386 Hilary Term, 26 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1584
- From Thomas Jenkyns de Gothurst, Som: £30.
- From William Seaman, servant to the same Thomas: £5.
- From Robert Hooper, servant to the same Thomas: £5.
- From John Tyrrell of London, gent: £13 6s 8d.
- From George Brooke de Stowe Market, Suff, arminger: £6 13s 4d.
- From Henry Welles, servant to the same Thomas: £5.
- From Hugh Jones de Gyppyng, Suff: £3 6s 8d.
- From William Durrante de Gyppyng, Suff: 53s 4d.
- From John Durrante de Gyppyng, Suff: 53s 4d.
- From Edward Chapman de Gyppyng, Suff: 53s 4d.
- From John Woolfe, servant to Edmund Tyrrell, gent: 53s 4d.
- From Edmund Tyrrell de Stowe Market: 53s 4d.
- From Thomas Parker de Gyppyng, Suff: 53s 4d.
- From Jesse Jessoppe de Gyppyng, Suff: 40s.
- From John Beedall de Gyppyng, Suff: 40s.
- TNA E159/396 Hilary Term, 31 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1589
- From Timothy Gardiner late of Grentham, Suff, gent: 100 marks.
- From John Anderson de Boston, Lincs, gent: £67 8s 7d
- TNA E159/398 Hilary Term, 32 Elizabeth. Fines Paid 1590
- From Robert Webbe de Freckenham, Suff, yeoman: £20.
- From Ambrose Ashewell in Brandon, Suff: £20.
- TNA E159/406 Michaelmas Term, 35-36 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1594
- From John Catchpole de Aspall Stonham, Suff, yeoman: £20.
- TNA E159/408 Michaelmas Term, 36-37 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1594
- From Henry Rolff de ____, Norf: £10.
- From Richard Cokey de Groton, Suff: £20.
- TNA E159/414 Michaelmas Term, 39-40 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1597
- From Edmund Framlingham de Warham, Norf, yeoman: £100.
- From Mathias Sotherton of Norwich, gent: 100 marks.
- From Richard Whalle of the City of Norwich: 100 marks.
- From William Peck de Fecenham, Norf, gent: £20.
- From Thomas Bradfield de Mousley, Norf, yeoman: £10.
- From Thomas Bowde de Paston, Norf, yeoman: £10.
- From Daniel Shanck de Owbye, Norf, yeoman: £5.
- From Robert Cubitt de Bradfeld, Norf, yeoman: £10.
- From Edward Hilton de Lingwood, Norf, cleric: £20.
- From William Shill de Framlingham, Suff, yeoman: £20.
- From John Terrett de Wickham Market, Suff, yeoman: £20.
- From Robert Borrett de Wilbye, Suff, yeoman: £20.
- TNA E159/414 Michaelmas Term, 39-40 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1597
- From John Warne of the parish of Rushton, Suff: £10.
- From the same John Warne: £10.
- TNA E159/418 Michaelmas Term, 41-42 Michaelmas. Fine Paid 1599
- From William Barrowe de Newton Hall, Suff and From Robert Plampyn de Newton Hall, Suff: £20.
- TNA E159/419 Easter Term, 42 Elizabeth. Fines Paid 1600
- From Thomas Mann de Shipton, Suff: £40.
- From Jerome Payne de Sepeyne, Suff: £30.
- From John Stalworth de Sypton, Suff: £30.
- From Wolfrian Awlby de Peasenhall, Suff: 40s.
- From Clement Hull de Sibton, Suff: 40s.
- From William Keeble de Sypton, Suff: 40s.
- From Alexander Wright de Sypton, Suff: 40s.
- From Richard Cole de Sybton, Suff: 40s.
- From Thomas Peccas de Sybton, Suff: 40s.
- TNA E159/421 Michaelmas Term, 43-44 Elizabeth. Fines Paid 1601
- From Gregory Brett de Flempton, Suff, yeoman: £20.
- From John Stable alias Stapleton de Flempton, Suff: £20.
- From Tobias Chapman de Flempton, Suff: £50.
- From Robert Brett de Flempton, Suff: £10.
- From Roger Froste de Chedbargh, Suff: £10.
- From Andrew Brewytt de Flempton, Suff: £10.
- TNA E159/424 Michaelmas Term, 44-45 Elizabeth. Fines Paid 1602
- From William Torrold de Gye, Suff, gent: £20.