STAC co Pembroke
NOTA BENE - These case names are approximate and very likely to be changed.
B Bill of Complaint Dr Demurrer A Answer Rn Replication Rr Rejoinder C Commission I Interrogatories D Deposition
Birte v Vaughan
- STAC 5/B107/4 - B - 12 Eliz - Pembroke - Robert Birte v John Vachan, Griffith Thomas et al
- see also STAC Birt
- STAC 5/B93/27 - I D - 19 Eliz - Pembroke - Anthony Bontempes v John Farmer
- Tenby, Pembrokeshire.(dk) - STAC 5/B93/27
- STAC 5/B54/34 - B A Rn - 38 Eliz - Pembroke - Anthony Bontomps v John Palmer
- see also STAC Bontemps
- STAC 5/E1/32 - B - 32 Eliz - Pembroke ? - John Engleberd et uxor, William Wyatt v Hugh Owen, William Wogan, Philip Brown et al
- see also STAC Engleberd
Lowgher v Morgan
- STAC 5/L40/21 - B A Rn C I D - 29 Eliz - Pembroke - Elizabeth Lowgher v Rice Morgan et al
- STAC 5/L10/6 - B A Rn C I D - 28 Eliz - Pembroke - Elizabeth Loughor vidua v Rice Morgan, Morgan David Powell et al
- STAC 5/L10/40 - I D - 28 Eliz - Pembroke - Elizabeth Lougher v Richard Morgan, William Nicholas et al
- ODNB Lougher, Robert (d. 1585), ecclesiastical lawyer by Martin Ingram - STAC 5/L10/6, L10/40, L40/21, M17/6
- see also STAC Lougher
Owen v Bowen
- STAC 5/O1/5 - B A Rn - 31 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owen v James Bowen, William Gwyn
- STAC 5/O4/7 - B A C I D - 23 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owen v James ap Kynon, Richard ap Richard
- STAC 5/O5/2 - B A Rn C I D - 22 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owen v Eynon Phillips, William Gwin et uxor et al.
- STAC 5/O1/17 - C I D - 23 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owens v William Gynne, Robert George, William Bowen et al
- STAC 5/O2/9 - I D - 22 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owens v William Gwyn
- STAC 5/O7/40 - I D - 22 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owen v Robert Bowen, George Bowen, William Bowen.
- STAC 5/O9/23 - I D - 22 Eliz - Pembroke - George Owen v John Bowen, William Gwynn et al.
- see also STAC Owen
- STAC 5/O1/3 - B A - 33 Eliz - - Pembroke - Hugh Owen v Gellye Myricke, Francis Myricke, Owen Wood, Sir Christopher Blunt et uxor, Harry Meyrick et al
- STAC 5/O4/9 - B A Dr Rn D - 32 Eliz - Pembroke - Hugh Owen v Richard Myricke Sr, Gelly Myricke et al
- STAC 5/O7/12 - C I D - 34 Eliz - Pembroke - Hugh Owen v Francis Myricke et al.
- STAC 5/O9/3 - I - - Pembroke - Hugh Owen v John Meyrick, Arnold Butler et al.
- see also STAC Owen
- STAC 5/O1/18 - B A - 39 Eliz - William Owgan v Francis Mearicke, David White, William Easse et al
- Bill: William Owgan of Wiston in Pembroke esquire
- STAC 5/O2/25 - I D - 39 Eliz - William Owgan v Kelly Langharne et al.
- STAC 5/O6/28 - I D - 39 Eliz - William Owgan v David White et al.
- see also STAC Owgan
Parrott v Phillips
- STAC 5/P8/32 - C I D - 3 Eliz - Pembroke - Sir John Parrot v Otwell Taylor, John Penry, Henry Ley, John Hake, David Powel, David Thomas
- STAC 5/P53/14 - B A - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Sir John Perrott v Morgan Philips, John Johns, John Williams, Morrice Williams, Henry Price et al
- STAC 5/P40/37 - I D - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Sir John Perrott v Morgan Philips et al
- STAC 5/P63/13 - C I D - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Sir John Perrott v Morgan Phelippes
- STAC 7/27/16 - - - Pembroke - Sir John Parrot v Morgan Phelips
- see also STAC Perrott
Philips v Parrot
- STAC 5/P50/21 - B A Rn C I D - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Morgan Phillips v Sir John Perrot, Ralf Bromwich et al
- STAC 5/P40/39 - B - - Pembroke - Morgan Phillippes v Sir John Perrott, Ralph Bromwich et al
- STAC 5/P44/40 - I D - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Morgan Philips v Sir John Perrott, Ralph Bromwich
- see also STAC Philips
- STAC 5/P44/15 - B - 43 Eliz - Pembroke - Owen ap Powell (John Powell) v John Birt Sr, John Birt Jr, Thomas Birt, Philip ap Ievan Llewellin et al
- STAC 5/P45/5 - B A - 43 Eliz - Pembroke - John Powell v Thomas Birt et al
- STAC 5/P11/27 - I D - 43 Eliz - Pembroke - John Powell v John Birte, Richard ap Richard et al
- see also STAC Powell
- STAC 5/W82/5 - B - 13 Eliz - Pembroke - Thomas Walter v Thomas George, Thomas Powell, Rees Lewis, Hugh Lewis
- see also STAC Walter
- STAC 5/W69/30 - B A Rn Rr C I D - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Griffith White v Charles Russell, Hugh Harry Sanders, Thomas Lewis et plur al
- STAC 5/W52/22 - I D - 20 Eliz - Pembroke - Griffith White v Charles Russell, Richard Dansey et al
- STAC 5/W10/9 - I D - 25 Eliz - Pembroke - Griffith White v John Gwyn, Charles Russell et al
- see also STAC White
- STAC 5/W23/29 - B - 43 Eliz - Pembroke - William Wogan v Philip ap Rees, Morris David et al
- see also STAC Wogan
- STAC 5/O5/17 - B A - 33 Eliz - Pembroke - Henry ap Owen v Rus Prethigh John Butler et al
- see also STAC Welsh names O
- STAC 5/O7/20 - B A - 4 Eliz - Pembroke - John ap Owyne &c, Guardians of Agnes Williams vidua v Gwyn Aprice, Morrice ap Owen, Rice Griffithe et al
- see also STAC Welsh names O
Attorney General v Meyrick
- STAC 5/A45/30 - B A - 44 Eliz - Pembroke - AG v John Meyricke et al
- STAC 5/A35/35 - D - 44 Eliz - Pembroke - AG v John Merricke
- Deposition of John Merricke of Allestonne, Pembroke.(dk)
- see also STAC Meyrick
- Details in A Catalogue of Star Chamber Proceedings Relating to Wales compiled by Ifan ab Owen Edwards, Cardiff U P 1929
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 34v. Misdemeanor in a high sheriff for neglecting a do execution of a felon after conviction fined. Gilbert Gerrard, Attorney Rex, plaintiff; Francis Langhorne, sheriff of the country of Pembroke, defendant: for misdemeanor in the forbearing to do execution upon a felon convicted for a murder, and keeping for 18 or 19 days after judgement given, contrary to the judge’s charge by word of mouth and letter from him also to that end, for which he was fined 300 marks but not committed in regard he had been imprisoned in the Marches and there fined for the same offence, which fine was ordered to be part of the fine here. Hillary 21 Elizabeth (kk)
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 41v. Riot (whereon there was no resistance) where Sir John Parratt was plaintiff against Philips et al for the same offences. Michaelmas 27 Elizabeth (kk)
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 30r. Misdemeanor. A sheriff punished for a misdemeanor in returning of false voices for election of a knight of the parliament. Stepneth, plaintiff; Edmund Harris, sheriff of the town and county of Haverfordwest, defendant: convicted for that he returned that the burgesses gave their voices for one Gardons (History of Parliament publications name this MP as John Garnons. For the relevant file, see STAC 5/S79/34) where they gave it for the plaintiff, and for other some who were neither present, nor gave their voices against the plaintiff yet he returned their voices for the said Gardons and for haleing and pulling other some by the cloaks to pass against the plaintiff for which disorder he was committed and fined at £20. Hillary 17 Elizabeth (kk)
- Case Book BL Harley MS 2143 fo. 37r. Wyatt, plaintiff; Owen. The defendant’s answer stuffed with unnecessary circumstances, and his examination to interrogatories referred to the committees to certify what cost the plaintiff had sustained by taking out several copies of answer or examination and the defendant to pay such cost to the plaintiff as they shall certify. Easter 31 Elizabeth (kk)
Palmer's cumulative totals of Star Chamber fines preserved in the E159s (rp)
- TNA E159/358 Easter Term, 11 Elizabeth. Fine paid 1569
- From Thomas a Bowen, sheriff of the city and county of Haverford West: £5.
- TNA E159/376 Hilary Term, 21 Elizabeth. Fine paid
- From Francis Lawgherne, late sheriff of Pembrokeshire, gent: 100 marks.
- TNA E159/379 Easter Term, 22 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1584
- From Morgan Phillippes de Picton, Pembs: £26 13s 4d.
- From John Johnes de Picton, Pembrokes: £5.
- From Rice Thomas Sayse de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- From John Phillippes de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- From Ivo Davyes de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- From John Gytto de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- From Henry Hoell de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- From Henry Price de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- From Morice Williams de Picton, Pembs: 40s.
- From Hoell Evan de Picton, Pembs: 40s.
- From Edward Davye Williams de Picton, Pembs: 40s.
- From John William de Picton, Pembs: £5.
- TNA E159/397 Trinity Term, 31 Elizabeth. Fine Paid 1589
- From Rice Morgan de Kydwelly, Carm, gent: 40 marks.
- From Morgan David Powell de Tynby, Pembs, gent: £6 13s 4d.
- From Griffin Lloide de Llanstenham, Carm, gent: £6 13s 4d.
- TNA E159/418 Michaelmas Term, 41-42 Michaelmas. Fine Paid 1599
- From Alban Stepneth de Prendergost, Pembs, armiger: £13 6s 8d.