- STAC 5/L11/32 - I D - 1 Eliz - Elizabeth Lane v Thomas Catesbye et al
- STAC 5/L43/31 - I D - 34 Eliz - Henry Lane, Richard Rither v William Gardyner
- STAC 5/L35/10 - I D - 34 Eliz - Henry Lane, Richard Rither v William Gardyner
- STAC 5/L4/40 - I D - 34 Eliz - Henry Lane, Richard Ryther v William Gardner et al
- STAC 5/L16/27 - B - 9 Eliz - John Lane, Thomas Lane v John Gyfforde, William Byckforde et al
- STAC 5/L33/33 - B - 12 Eliz - John Lane v Thomas Hussey, John Tucke et al
- STAC 5/L47/27 - A - - John Laine v Richard Mydgely, John Mydgely
- STAC 5/L40/28 - I D - 26 Eliz - John Lane v Henry Horsfall, Thomas Crosseley
- STAC 5/L22/23 - B A C I D - 37 Eliz - John Lane v John Stokes, Ralph Heath et al
- STAC 5/L25/40 - I D - 37 Eliz - John Lane v William Penson, Ralph Heath
- STAC 5/L31/1 - Rn - - Margery Lane v William Legent, Robert Hullock et al
- STAC 5/L42/33 - B A - 44 Eliz - Monmouth - Michael Lane v David Thomas, William Morgan et al
- STAC 5/L27/38 - I D - 44 Eliz - Monmouth - Michael Lane v David Thomas, Thomas Morgan et al
- A Catalogue of Star Chamber Proceedings Relating to Wales compiled by Ifan ab Owen Edwards, Cardiff U P 1929
- STAC 5/L24/10 - B A C I D - 45 Eliz - Michael Lane v Thomas Gybbon, Henry Morgan et al
- STAC 5/L47/19 - A - 45 Eliz - Michael Lane v John Thomas et al
- STAC 5/L48/1 - Rn - - Nicholas Lane v Nicholas Rutter
- STAC 5/L2/22 - B A - 22 Eliz - Nicholas Lane v Thomas Hunks, John Lodbrooke, Henry Rogers, Thomas Ryland, Nicholas Rutter et al
- STAC 5/L36/8 - B A Rn - 23 Eliz - Nicholas Lane v Tristram Holcombe, Edward Walforde et al
- STAC 5/L26/23 - I D - 23 Eliz - Nicholas Lane v Tristram Holkom, John Gyfford
- STAC 5/L33/7 - B A Rn Rr - 12 Eliz - Northamptonshire - Sir Robert Lane v William Yeomans, John Whitney et al
- STAC 5/L40/1 - I D - 12 Eliz - Sir Robert Lane v William Yeomans, John Whitney et al
- STAC 5/L45/1 - B - - Thomas Lane, Alexander Stubbs v Thomas Fowlk, Ralf Kent et al
- STAC 7/13/37 - - - Staffordshire - Thomas Lane v Alexander Stubbes, Ralph Kent et al
- STAC 5/L31/10 - B A - - Thomas Lane v Thomas Gorwey, Richard Webbe et al
- STAC 5/L22/38 - B - 15 Eliz - Thomas Lane v Thomas Mannox, George Partryche
- STAC 5/L5/36 - D - 21 Eliz - Thomas Lane et al v
- STAC 5/L29/6 - B - 21 Eliz - Thomas Lane v William Bullock, John Stone et al
- STAC 5/L21/1 - B A Rn - 21 Eliz - Thomas Lane v Richard Urham, Richard Reynolds
- STAC 5/L3/38 - B A C I D - Hil 21 Eliz - Thomas Lane, Thomas Allot, William Smith v Thomas Gorwaye, John Stone, Thomas Stone, William Curson, John Chaunor et al
- STAC 5/L30/27 - B A C I D - 22 Eliz - Thomas Lane v William Gorway, John Curteys et al
- STAC 5/L29/10 - I D - 22 Eliz - Thomas Lane v William Bullock, Thomas Gorway et al
- STAC 5/L26/2 - D - 22 Eliz - Thomas Lane v John Henlock
- STAC 5/L40/8 - B A - 25 Eliz - Thomas Lane, Alexander Stubbes v William Hill, Walter Leveson et al
- STAC 5/L25/36 - I D - 23 Eliz - Thomas Lane, Elexander Stubbes v John Gyfford, Walter Gyfford et al
- STAC 5/L21/11 - I D - 23 Eliz - Thomas Lane, Alexander Shibbs v Roger Eccleshall, Thomas Huntsback
- STAC 5/L35/17 - I D - 24 Eliz - Thomas Lane et al v Walter Leveson
- STAC 5/L38/13 - B A Rn C I D - 33 Eliz - Thomas Lane, Alexander Stubbes v Ralph Kent, William Fowk, John Fowk
- STAC 5/L32/5 - I D - 23 Eliz - Thomas Lane v John Fowk, William Fowk
- STAC 5/L19/37 - I D - 24 Eliz - Thomas Layne v John Fowke et al
- STAC 5/L16/31 - B A Rn - 1 Eliz - Walter Lane et uxor v William Blowmer, Thomas Faux
- STAC 5/L15/18 - B A Rn - 10 Eliz - William Lane v Robert Butterfield, Thomas Sharpe
- STAC 5/L37/26 - I D - 10 Eliz - William Lane v Robert Butterfeld
- STAC 5/A41/12 - I D - 38 Eliz - AG v John Lane
- STAC 5/A9/7 - I D - 37 Eliz - AG v John Lane
- STAC 5/A39/36 - B A - 36 Eliz - Staffordshire - AG v John Lane
- STAC 5/A17 /33 - I D - 1 Eliz - Almoner v Elizabeth Lane
Notes, Additions and Corrections
- STAC 5/A39/36 John Lane of Bentley in co Stafford esquire
- Brief reference to Lane v Gardiner in Les reportes del cases in Camera Stellata, 1593 to 1609 from the original ms. of John Hawarde edited by William Paley Baildon Published 1894, p. 1 - 2
It was moved between Lane, plaintiff, and Gardiner and others, defendants. The case was for perjury, for this that Gardiner, in the Court of Wards upon proof there that he had sealed, subscribed and delivered a 'generall relleasse' to one Ryder, now dead, had deposed that it was not his deed; and so in this Court, being heard at St Albon's, it was ordered for the default of the plaintiff that he could not come to his books [evidences] which were in a house in London in which seven persons had died of the plague between October last and January, and this was now moved to stay the hearing, but it could not prevail; and so, on the default of the plaintiff for want of the books, they proceeded to hear the cause. Serjeant Yelverton and Serjeant Healle with the plaintiff. It was ordered by the whole Court that Gardiner, the defendant, be dismissed by the great favour of the court.
- STAC 7/13/37 - TNA Note: Hatton: Manor
- STAC 5/L33/7 - Sir Robert Lane, Knight, of Houton (Houghton), Northamptonshire - vs. John Whitmaye /Whitnay, the younger of Stokegoldinge, alias Stokegoldington, Bucks, Thomas Laweton, Roger Pawmer, John Whitmey / Whitnay the elder, John Hasilbie the younger, Robert Abraham the ender, Willyam Yeomans / Yomans, parsone of the seid towne, Willyam Abram, John Newman, John Herberte, and John Abram.
- Biography in “The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1558-1603,” ed. P.W. Hasler, 1981.
- LANE, Edward (c.1552-c.96), of Walgrave, Northants. and Canford, Dorset.
- LANE, Ralph (c.1528-1603), of London Glendon, Northants. Dublin.
- LANE, Sir Robert (1527-c.88), of Horton, Northants.
- LANE, William I, of Horton, Northants.
- LANE, William II (c.1553-1618), of Horton, Northants.