CP 202, 5
The Cecil Papers at Hatfield House
CP Volume 202 Folio 5
HMC Volume 1 Page 274 Number 895
Haynes Page 401 Number 401
Transcribed by Samuel Haynes in “A Collection of State Papers . . . 1542 to 1570” London, 1740
20 July 1563 Articlees to be notisyed
From a Minute of Secretary Cecill.
1. THE Queen's Majestys recoveryng of Peace, and Bonds to have Calliss rendred at the End of the certen Yeares.
2. The French contynuall Interruption of the Peace, to defraud this Realme of the Reddition of Calliss.
4. The Quene's honorable coming to the Possession of Newhaven.
5. The Cavillations used by the French, manifestly tendyng to defraud the Realme of Calliss for ever.
6. The manifest Delayes and Slights used to recover Newhaven, and never to render Calliss.
7. The breaking of there Treatyes at sondry Tymes, the Refusall to perform that, which never Princees did deny, (viz.) to ratefy the Treatyes made by there Commissionar.
The practisyng to convey away ther Hostags, and the happy Stey therof.
Uppon these Causees hir Majesty hath considered, &c.