In-Person Group Experiences
We're excited to start welcoming groups to to campus this Fall! Our UH Student Ambassadors are eager to welcome you to the University of Houston—in person—to see for yourself what life is like on campus! Our in-person group tours are approximately 90-minutes. To register, use the button below to select the date and time that works best with your group's schedule.
Once you are registered, you will be able to add the event to your calendar and will receive a text and an email. At this time, we are are only able to provide group tours to groups of students 9 th - 12 th grade and prospective transfer students. We are able to provide in-person tours to groups up to 60 people, including chaperones. If your group does not meet these criteria, we recommend registering for a virtual group visit below!
Small Group Tours
For groups under 20 total guests.
Large Group Tours
For groups with 20-60 guests total.
On the Day of Your Tour
- Check out these directions to campus, or type "University of Houston Welcome Center" (4400 University Dr, Houston, TX 77204) into your preferred navigation app.
- If you are driving personal vehicles, you are required to park in the Welcome Center garage on the third or fourth level. Please note: hourly parking rates apply.
- For busses, you can drop-off and pick-up your group at Student Center South, especially if your group is more than 10 minutes early or will need to use the restroom. Student Center South is conveniently located right across the street from the Welcome Center. Your tour will also end at Student Center South to allow for another restroom break before boarding the bus.
- All buses must then park at the UH Technology Bridge off I-45 and Schlumberger Street. Your driver can use our University shuttle to travel between main campus and the UH Technology Bridge.
- On the day of your scheduled campus tour, please check in outside of the Welcome Center no more than 10 minutes prior to your visit time. You will receive a text message 10 minutes before your tour with a check-in code.
- Be prepared for the weather: Bring plenty of water and comfortable clothes for an outdoor tour. We'll also continue our tours rain or shine, so if it's raining, bring an umbrella!
Virtual Group Experiences
Group virtual visits are just as interactive as on campus visit experiences and can be customized to your group. Typically, group virtual visits last one hour and include the following activities led by UH Student Ambassadors:
- 20-minute admissions presentation that includes a brief overview of the university, academic opportunities, campus life, and the admissions process
- 20-minute virtual guided student life tour covering campus hot spots, including a sneak peek into Cougar Village II, our most popular freshman residence hall
- 10-minute question and answer session
To register, select a date and time that works best with your group's schedule using the registration button below. Once you are registered, you will be able to add the event to your calendar and will receive a text and an email. The calendar invitation, text, and email all contain a link to your visit itinerary to click. Your itinerary connects to a Zoom link. Since we use the “Join us Online” button instead of an actual link, only invited users can join our Zoom visit. You can forward the email to any students you want to participate in the group visit (up to 95) without the Zoom link being compromised. Click here to see a step-by-step image of the steps described.