It's never too early or late to plan for your college education. The University of Houston supports non-traditional college age students getting a start towards a degree. The Adult Admission Program is designated to facilitate the admission of adult students.
You may be considered for the Adult Admissions Program (AAP) if you:
- hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- have not been enrolled in a high school or regionally accredited college-level program for the past five years
- are at least 25 years of age by the last day of late registration for the semester of attendance
- have never enrolled as a student at UH (if so, see information for former students)
This program does not apply to currently and/or previously enrolled students, international students, or Post-Baccalaureate applicants.
How to Apply
- Complete the Adult Admissions Program application by the term's deadline. Email a copy of your application to email@example.com or mail it to University of Houston, 4434 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204.
- Pay the nonrefundable $75 application fee with a check or money order. Checks can be made out to the University of Houston, 4434 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204.
Applicants who have completed any education outside the U.S. must submit evidence of English proficiency. A score of 550 or higher (79 or higher on the internet-based exam), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required. Applicants are expected to complete the essay section of the TOEFL whenever it is included as part of the exam. Students from Australia, the Bahamas, Belize, the British Isles, English-speaking Canadian provinces, the Fiji Islands, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Trinidad, the Virgin Islands, the West Indies, and Zimbabwe and those who speak English as their native language are exempt from taking the TOEFL. An Associate of Arts degree will generally not exempt an applicant from the TOEFL requirement.
How the Program Works
Students admitted through the Adult Admissions Program are non-degree seeking. In order to maintain enrollment eligibility, students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.00.
Students who wish to change their status to degree seeking must complete 18 semester credit hours. The hours earned at the University of Houston will be used to determine eligibility into a student's chosen major, and all transfer admission requirements must be met in order to fulfill the status change request. Complete the Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form to begin this process.
Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form
Students initially enrolled in the Adult Admission Program have a non-degree status and are not eligible for financial assistance. Financial aid will be processed during the semester following the completion of 18 semester hours.
Eligible veterans may use veterans’ benefits under this program. Please contact Veterans’ Services Office for more information at 713-743-5490.
|Term||Application Type||Open Date||Close Date||Transcripts Due|
|Spring 2021||Adult Admissions Program||8/1/2020||12/1/2020||12/16/2020|
|Summer 2021||Adult Admissions Program||8/1/2020||5/3/2021||5/10/2021|
|Fall 2021||Adult Admissions Program||8/1/2020||5/31/2021||6/7/2021|