Nov. 4 The Energy Coalition - Energy Night
About This Event:
Top energy speakers, food, prizes, scholarships!
Date: November 4th
Time: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: UH Student Center South Theater, 4465 University Dr. Map
Nov. 5 Energy 101 - Outlook of Oil & Gas and Solar Energy
Date: November 5th
Time: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Location: Melcher Hall, 120 Map
Energy 101 - Outlook of Oil & Gas and Solar Energy
ADI Analytics: A boutique consulting and advisory firm focusing on oil and gas, energy, and chemicals. ADI Analytics advises companies, start ups, investors, and governments with ADI’s proprietary analytics & models
First Solar: First Solar has developed, financed, engineered, constructed and currently operates many of the world’s largest grid connected PV power plants. Experience across the solar value chain reduces risk while delivering more reliable, dependable and cost effective solutions
For Additional Information Please Visit: Bauer MBA Energy Club
Nov. 8 Oceans, The Mystery of the Missing Plastic - A French American Talk in Houston on plastic pollution
About This Event:
The French Embassy’s Office for Science and Technology and the University of Houston present: “Oceans, the mystery of missing plastic”, an award-winning documentary film by Vincent Perazio.
Plastics are taking over the planet and pose a serious threat to the environment, especially to oceans and marine ecosystems. To learn more about this issue, don’t miss the screening of this film and dive into our relationship to water, how we use it and how we have altered this key element of our ecosystem.
The film will be followed by a panel discussion with researchers form CNRS (France) and the University of Houston.
Date: November, 8th 2019
Location: Science & Engineering Classroom Building - Room 100, 3487 Cullen Blvd. Map
- 3:00pm - Opening
- 3:30pm - Movie Screening
- 4:30pm - Panel Discussion
- 5:30pm - Networking
- Dr. Ika Paul-Pont, Researcher, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)
- Dr. Laura J. Jurgens, Assistant Professor, Marine Biology Department, Texas A & M Galveston
- Eric R. Bittner, Moores Professor of Chemical Physics, Department of Chemistry, University of Houston
- Sarah Mason, Division Manager for Recycling and Environmental Services, City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department
- Dr. Alfonso López de la Osa Escribano (moderator), Director, Center for U.S. and Mexican Law, University of Houston