Funded Research... No information is currently available for this topic.
Lab Facilities... No information is currently available for this topic.
- Plasma Stimulation Equipment (In Production)
- Description: Stimulation of formation using shockwave created using plasma
- Work Scope: Experimental and analytical work
- Status: Starting in January 2019, sponsored by ExxonMobil
Testing of Shale and Tight Formations
- Description: N/A
- Work Scope: Development of numerical and analytical techniques to analyze data.
- Status: Consortium has been formed. One sponsor but seeking more sponsors.
Current Collaborators and/or Post Docs/Students:
- Dr. Birol Dindoruk
- Dr. Farouq Ali
- Dr. Waylon House
- Mr. Shah Kabir
- Dr. Fahd Siddiqui
- Dr. Ali Rezaei, MS Ebru, Unal
- Rezaei, A, Siddiqui, F, Bornia, G, Soliman, M.Y. Application of Fast Multipole Displacement Discontinuity Method in Poroelastic Media: Part I: Computation Time and Accuracy of the Stress Intensity Factors for Pressurized Fractures. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Rezaei, A, Siddiqui, F, Nakshatrala, K.B., Bornia, G, Soliman, M.Y. Variance Decomposition and Global Sensitivity of Pore Pressure and Stresses due to Production from Hydraulically Fractured Horizontal Wells. Computational Geosciences. Under progress.
- Elwaziry, Y and Soliman, M. Y. Diagnostic Testing and Analysis of Hydraulically Fractured Dual-Porosity Formations SPE-189881 presented at the SPE Hydraulic Fracturing Technology Conference held in The Woodlands, TX, USA, 23-25 January 2018.
- Rezaei, A, Bornia G, Rafiee M, Soliman M, Morse S. Analysis of refracturing in horizontal wells: Insights from the poroelastic displacement discontinuity method. Int J Numer Anal Methods Geomech. 2018;1-22.
- E. Unal, F. Siddiqui, and M. Y. Soliman, Wavelet Analysis of Fracturing Pressure Data, SPE Hydraulic Fracturing Technology Conference and Exhibition, Jan 2018.
- A. Rezaei, F. Siddiqui, M. Y. Soliman, and G. Bornia, The Role of Pore Pressure Depletion in Propagation of New Hydraulic Fractures during Refracturing of Horizontal Wells, SPE ATCE, Oct 2017.
- A. Rezaei, F. Siddiqui, G. Bornia, M. Y. Soliman, M. Rafiee and S. Morse, A Novel Approach to Efficiently Solve Displacement Discontinuity Problems in Poroelastic Media, 51st US Rock Mechanics /Geomechanics Symposium of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Mar 2017.
- F. Siddiqui, and M. Y. Soliman, Use of type curve for analyzing non-Newtonian fluid flow tests distorted by wellbore storage, Journal of Sustainable Energy Engineering, Mar 2017.
- L. Bloshanskaya, A. Ibragimov, F. Siddiqui, and M. Y. Soliman, Productivity Index for Darcy and pre-/post-Darcy Flow (Analytical Approach), Journal of Porous Media, Jan 2017.
- Rafiee, M, Rezaei, A, Soliman, M.Y. Investigating Hydraulic Fracture Propagation in Multi Well Pads: A Close Look at Stress Shadow from Overlapping Fractures. Hydraulic Fracture Journal 2 (2), 70-81. 2015.
- Rezaei, A, Rafiee, M, Siddiqui, F, Soliman, M.Y, Bornia, G. The Role of Pore Pressure Depletion in Propagation of New Hydraulic Fractures during Refracturing of Horizontal Wells. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. Society of Petroleum Engineers; 2017.
- Rezaei, A, Rafiee, M, Soliman, M.Y, Bornia, G. Protection Refrac: Analysis of Pore Pressure and Stress Change Due to Refracturing of Legacy Well. Unconventional Resources Technology Conference. Society of Petroleum Engineers; 2017.
- Rezaei, A, Siddiqui, F, Soliman, M.Y. A Novel Approach to Efficiently Solve Displacement Discontinuity Problems in Poroelastic Media. 51st American Rock Mechanics Symposium; 2017.
- Xiao, Yue, House, W., Unal, Ebru, and Soliman, M. Y. 2017. Pulsed Power Plasma Stimulation Technique – Experimental Study on Single Pulse Test for Fracture Initiation. Hydraulic Fracturing Journal, Volume 4, Number 3, 67-74.
- Siddiqui, F., Soliman, M. Y., House, W., & Ibragimov, A. (2016, 7). A New Analysis Technique for Interpreting Injection/Shut-in Tests. Hydraulic Fracturing Journal.
- Siddiqui, F., Soliman, M. Y., Waylon, H., & Akif, I. (2016, 1). Pre-Darcy Flow Revisited under Experimental Investigation. Journal of Analytical Science and Technology. doi:10.1186/s40543-015-0081-2
- Amini, K., Soliman, M. Y., and, House, W. V. (2015, September 28). A Three-Dimensional Thermal Model for Hydraulic Fracturing. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/174858-MS