Dr. Anastassios Mavrokefalos, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Cullen College of Engineering, Department of Mechanical EngineeringFACULTY WEBSITE
Areas of expertise
- Nano energy transport
- Heat transfer
- Thermal management
- Solid state energy conversion
- Larry Witte Junior Faculty Fellowship
- Post-doctoral fellowship in the Cyprus Institute Program for Energy Environment and Water Resources (CEEW) at the MIT Laboratory for Energy and the Environment (LFEE) (2009)
- David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship (2004)
- Cyprus-American Scholarship Program (2003)
- University of Texas at Austin Honors (College of Engineering) (2002)
- M. Yarali, H. Brahmi, X. Li, Z. Yan, L. Xie, S. Chen, S. Kumar, M. Yoon, K. Xiao, A. Mavrokefalos, The effect of tungsten doping on the basal thermal conductivity of suspended monolayer molybdenum diselenide, in review.
- H. Brahmi, G. Katwal, M. Yarali, S. Chen, M. Paulose, O. K. Varghese and A. Mavrokefalos, Observation of Low Temperature n-p Transition in Individual Titania Nanotubes, in review.
- M. Yarali, X. Wu, T. Gupta, L. Xie, Z. Zhu, H. Brahmi, J. Bao, S. Chen, T. Luo, N. Koratkar and A. Mavrokefalos, Effects of Defects on the Temperature Dependent Thermal Conductivity of Suspended Monolayer MoS2Grown by Chemical Vapor Deposition, Advanced Functional Materials,1704357(2017)
- G. Li, M. Yarali, A. Cocemasov, D. Nika, D. Grimm, V. Fomin, S. Baunack, S. Singh, F. Zhu, A. Mavrokefalos, and O. G. Schmidt, “In-plane Thermal Conductivity of Radial and Planar Si/SiO2 Hybrid Nanomembrane Superlattice”, ACS Nano, 11, 8215 (2017).
- S. Singh, M. Yarali, S. Shervin, V. Venkateswaran, K. Olenick, J. A. Olenick, J. H. Ryou, A. Mavrokefalos, “Temperature-Dependent Thermal Conductivity of Flexible Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Substrate via 3ω Technique”, Phys. Status Solidi A, 1700069 (2017) (Featured back cover).
- M. Yarali, J. Hao, M. Khodadadi, H. Brahmi, S. Chen, V. Hadjiev, Y. J. Jung and A. Mavrokefalos, “Physisorbed vs Chemisorbed Oxygen Effect on Thermoelectric Properties of Highly Organized Single Wall Carbon Nanotube Nanofilms”, RSC Advances, 7, 14078, (2017).
- H. Brahmi, S. Ravipati, M. Yarali, S. Shervin, W. Wang, J. H. Ryou, A. Mavrokefalos, “Electrical and Optical Properties of Sub-10nm Silicide films for Silicon Solar Cells”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 50, 035102 (2017).
- S. H. Kim, S. Sing, S. K. Oh, D. K. Lee, K. H. Lee, S. Shervin, M. Asadirad, V. Venkateswaran, K. Olenick, J. A. Olenick, S. N. Lee, J. S. Kwak, A. Mavrokefalos, J. H. Ryou, “Visible Flip-Chip Light-Emitting Diodes on Flexible Ceramic Substrate with Improved Thermal Management”, IEEE Electron Device Letters, 37 (5), 615, (2016).
- H. Brahmi, G. Katwal, M. Khodadadi, S. Chen, M. Paulose, O. Varghese, A. Mavrokefalos, “Thermal-Structural Relationship of Individual Titania Nanotubes”, Nanoscale, 7, 19004-19011 (2015).
- A. Mavrokefalos, S. E. Han, S. Yerci, M. S. Branham, G. Chen, “Efficient light-trapping in Inverted Nano-Pyramid Thin Crystalline Silicon Membranes for Solar Cell Applications”, Nano Letters ,12 (6), 2792 (2012).
More publications in CV below and research website above.
- Burg, J. Tong, W. C. Hsu, P. Sambegoro, A. Mavrokefalos, G. Chen, Decoupled Cantilever Arms for Optomechanical Thermal Measurements, Pending (2012)
- E. Han, A. Mavrokefalos, M. S. Branham, G. Chen, Nanostructure Arrays For Radiation Capture Structures, pending (2010).
Grants and Funded Research
- Joint Principal Inverstigator for the Post-doctoral fellowship in the Cyprus Institute Program for Energy Environment and Water Resources (CEEW) at the MIT Laboratory for Energy and the Environment (LFEE) ($3,00,000 award)