UH Energy brings critical issues in energy to the Houston community in our annual symposium series. We invite leading experts in academia, government and industry to participate in a panel discussion, hosted four times annually. For more information on upcoming symposia, explore the sections below.
Renewable Energy: Should Government Subsidies Continue?
Renewable energy sources are increasingly becoming cost-competitive with traditional fossil energy sources. This panel discussion addresses the issue of continued government subsidies for renewable energy sources. Join us on Thursday, February 8 at the University of Houston. Details on the speaker panel will be provided closer to the event date.
By the Numbers
- 5thAnnual Symposium Series
- 2,031Number of Attendees for the 2016-2017 Energy Symposium Series
- LIVENow Hosted on Facebook Live
- 18Number of Topics Covered
- 64Guest Panelists
- 4,000+YouTube Hits
- MEDIASupported by the Houston Chronicle and Houston Public Media