The 2020 Houston Art Car Parade has been cancelled.
Please visit the Houston Art Car Parade site for further cancellation details.
UH Energy, EVolve Houston and CenterPoint Energy want to commission you to design a car for the 33rd Annual Houston Art Car Parade. Winners will create and build the design on an Electric Vehicle (EV) and ride in the parade!
UH Energy will offer a student competition to find the winning design. The theme of this year’s competition is “Electrifying Transportation in the Energy Capitial.”
The goal of the competition is to showcase UH students' creativity and ingenuity in the Art Car Parade, where the entry will increase awareness and excitement for EVs. The winning design will be a gift to EVolve Houston to further the efforts for the electrification of transportation throughout Houston.
Theme and Requirements
The theme of the design challenge this year will be, " Electrifying Transportation in the Energy Capital " and the design submissions should follow these simple guidelines:
- The design should represent clean, sustainable transportation
- The design will be created on a "Sedan Class" vehicle
- Design budget must not exceed $1,000 for complete design and build-out
- Create drawing using the templates provided.
- Create a visual presentation – include design and rationale.
- Prepare a budget of expected costs for design buildout.
- Present a timeline for buildout.
- Identify materials that will be used and suppliers on where materials can be sourced.
Art Car Overview and Requirements Video
Rubric For Presentations:
Adherence To Theme