May 2017 – The Urban Experience programs (UEP) welcomes its’ first batch of Ambassadors!
While Urban Experience Program (UEP) members know the benefits of the program and the invaluable support it offers, most University of Houston students do not. The staff recognized that the program had a visibility issue and after thoughtful deliberation decided to create their own Student Ambassador program. UEP Student Ambassadors is a team of passionate student leaders who promote the university and program’s mission to empower students with academic, personal, and professional development resources that propel student success. Ambassadors represent UEP, plan and implement outreach events, and foster a supportive environment for our students.
After an extensive application and interview processing throughout March and April, the Urban Experience has selected its’ first batch of Ambassadors and is ready to introduce them to the University!
From left to right:
- Shawn Calvin a UH class of 2018 student majoring in Science Computer Information Systems.
- Jalen Lewis is a UH class of 2019 student majoring in Human Resources and Development.
- Javier Campos is a UH class of 2020 student majoring in Construction Management.
- Katherine Balderrama is a UH class of 2020 student majoring in Mathematical Biology.
- Ms. Sharlene Laud, Program Coordinator of UEP.
- Casey Nwachukwu is a UH class of 2019 student majoring in Biochemistry with a double minor in Chemistry and Public Health.
- Yadira Banuelos is a UH Class of 2019 student majoring in Education.
- Ty-Rinetta Sanders-Washington is a UH class of 2020 student majoring in Education.
- Dr. Raven Jones, Director of UEP.
UEP Program Coordinator, Ms. Sharlene Laud stated, “We are excited about the energy and experience this group of students will bring to the program. We know they will play a valuable role in taking UEP to the next level by helping us share our services to a larger audience at the University of Houston.”