Following the vision of University of Houston President Renu Khator, the UH College of Technology is beginning its journey to Sugar Land. The University extended its reach into Fort Bend County to connect with regional industry and future Coogs. The College of Technology building opened at UH at Sugar Land in 2019, featuring state-of-the-art labs, classrooms, and meeting spaces.
While many of the College’s programs have called Sugar Land home for the past few years, others soon will be moving to Fort Bend County and will enjoy the benefits of new partnerships and opportunities. The recent legislative session approved funding for a second College of Technology building at UH at Sugar Land.
- Transition to Sugar Land Task Force is appointed by Provost Paula M. Short
- Town Hall Meetings at Main Campus offered to answer questions and convey information
- Resources created, updated to provide info and transparency
- Additional Town Hall Meetings offered for staff/faculty as well as all COT students
- Tours of building and the campus
- Discussion on lab moves for MET
- Space allocation for offices, labs
- CIS level 2000
- MECT 1330
- MECT 1364
- MECT 2354 (one section will be offered at main campus due to faculty constraints)
- MECT 3360
- COT Annex on Main Campus must be vacated
- CIS level 2000/3000
- MECT 3318
- MECT 3331
- MECT 3355
- MECT 3367
- MECT 3342
- MECT 3358
- MECT 3365
For more information, please contact at email@example.com.