National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- General Instructions for NIH and other PHS Agencies – Forms Version D Series
- Supplemental Grant Application Instructions
- Additional online application guidance
- Modular vs Detailed Budgets
- NIH Form D Biosketch Instructions
- NIH Form D Biosketch Sample
- eRA Commons
- Standard due dates
- Salary Cap Summary
- Graduate student compensation and tuition remission for research grants cannot exceed the zero level Kirschstein-NRSA stipend stipend in effect when NIH issues the award.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- NSF Grant Proposal Guide
- NSF Proposal Preparation Checklist
- NSF Biographical Sketch template
- NSF Collaborators and Other Affiliations
- NSF Current and Pending Support
- Letter of Collaboration
- NSF Solicitations
Texas Department of Transportation (TXDoT)
- 2016 TXDoT University Handbook
- Required documents checklist
- TXDoT provides all required forms to one University liaison in the Division of Research. If you are interested in preparing a proposal in response to a solicitation, contact the COT Research Administrator and she will provide the most current forms for you.
- All TXDoT proposal budgets will require full IDC unless restricted in the specific project solicitation.
- The COT Research Administrator will submit reviewed TXDoT proposals via email on your behalf.
- TXDoT is currently developing an online submission system. Check back here for updates.
Additional Funding Agencies
In addition to the most common sponsors listed above, the following entities have been known to have good opportunities for technology related research project.
|Agency||Program Announcement & Information|
|AT&T||AT&T University Collaborations|
|Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas||Funding Opportunities|
|Cisco Systems||Public Benefit Investment - Cisco Systems|
|Department of Defense (DOD)||Army Research Laboratory|
|Hewlett-Packard Co.||HP US Philanthropy|
|IBM Corporation||Corporate Community Relations|
|Intergraph||Intergraph Grant Programs|
|Mellon Foundation||Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
|National Instruments||Academic Research Grant Program|
|Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)||Postdoctoral Fellowship Program|
|Rudolf Steiner Fund||Rudolf Steiner Foundation|
|Surdna Foundation||Surdna Foundation|
|US Department of Agriculture||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|US Department of Energy||Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy|
|US Department of Transportation||Grants|
|Verizon Company||Verizon Foundation|