Q: Where can I register for the AWS@UH certification training program?
A: The registration link and program details are available here:
Q: Do I have to be a University of Houston student to register for the training?
A: No, this training is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about AWS.
Q: Does the AWS@UH Certification Training at the University of Houston count towards college credit or towards my GPA?
A: No, this training does not count towards your college credit or transcript GPA. This course is for individuals interested in expanding their academic and professional endeavors with essential AWS topics.
Q: Due to the pandemic, will the course be administered online or in-person?
A: The training will be administered fully online. A key benefit to this is that the instructor will be available live during the training. This will make the learning environment remote, yet interactive.
Q: How much does the training program cost, and are there any discounts?
A: The course fee is $1,650, but there is an early bird discount of $100 off this price until March 31st, 2021. Group and military discounts are also available. For specific details regarding discount information, please contact Yada Holton at the following email:
Q: After taking this course, how will I be ahead of the competition when it comes to acquiring AWS skills and knowledge?
A: At the end of the training, you will receive an official Continued Education certificate of completion from the University of Houston, College of Technology. This credential is given exclusively to students who complete the AWS@UH training program and can be shared with employers. Your visibility will be significantly higher to employers than other competing students who have not completed this training. Additionally, topics that are required for both the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate and the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certificates are also covered, in detail, throughout this course. After this course, you will be ready to take and pass both certification exams.
Q: What days/times will the training be held?
A: The AWS@UH training has two sections, one starting in May and one starting in August. The training will be hosted live, instructor led, online in Central Standard Time. The session dates are listed below:
- May Session: Saturdays, May 1st – June 12th, 2021 (9:00AM – 4:30PM Central Standard Time)
- August Session: Saturdays, August 7th – September 18th, 2021 (9:00AM – 4:30PM Central Standard Time)
Q: I have already taken the course and have not received my certificate of completion from the University of Houston. What can I do to resolve this issue?
A: We will resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please contact Yada Holton at the email listed below:
Q: What are the key benefits of taking the AWS@UH training instead of competing training programs?
A: There are several reasons why taking this program are beneficial over other competing training programs:
- Accredited and partnered with Amazon Web Services
- Instructor taught, live learning environment for a more interactive experience
- Access to official AWS lab environments, allowing you to perform real world tasks (tuition includes all course materials)
- Continued Education Certificate of Completion, rewarded by the University of Houston, College of Technology and signed by the Dean upon training completion (high employer visibility)
- Readiness for both the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and AWS Solutions Architect – Associate exams
- Ability to re-take the full training free of charge within a year
- 100% satisfaction from previous students of the AWS@UH training program
Q: I would like to get more information. How can I get in touch with someone to learn more?
A: We, at the University of Houston, are committed towards answering all of your questions and concerns. Please feel free to contact us at the email listed below. We will respond to you as soon as possible.