Computer Information Systems
CIS Program Educational Objectives
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to understand and apply ethical considerations to problems in an information systems environment.
- Program graduates will be able to plan, lead, organize, and participate in teams and team-based projects that lead organizations to successful and sustainable information systems solutions.
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with persons in various information systems roles, including those in the role of user, manager, developer, analyst, and database/network administrator.
- Program graduates will demonstrate their understanding of the functions and applications of computers in an information systems environment and apply that understanding within organizational and business structures and processes.
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to solve business-centered problems by identifying, analyzing, developing, and implementing information system based solutions.
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to maintain current knowledge of emerging and changing information system methodologies and technologies to address the critical needs of the business with respect to regulatory demands, strategic goals and daily operations.
CIS Student Outcomes
- Student Outcome 1 (formerly B): Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Student Outcome 2 (formerly C): Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Student Outcome 3 (formerly F): Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Student Outcome 4 (formerly E): Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Student Outcome 5 (formerly D): Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Student Outcome 6 (formerly J): Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.