Requirements and Application Instructions
The College of Technology Student Ambassadors is a group of student leaders who represent the College and assist the College with recruitment and retention of a diversified population of high ability students. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the College of Technology.
Student Ambassadors Recruitment Flyer
Requirements to be an Ambassador
- Two semester commitment
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student in a College of Technology degree major
- Enrolled in 9 credit hours or more for both the fall and spring semesters.
- Cumulative UH GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Minimum of two semesters as a University of Houston student
- Access to Zoom and Teams with camera
Requirements of an Ambassador
- Attend a one-hour mandatory orientation
- Attend one one-hour development seminar per semester
- Complete Child Protection Training
- Participate in scheduled recruitment events. All Texas high school career fairs will be virtual in fall 2020. Face-to-face activities will resume based on outcomes of COVID-19.
- Abide by all ambassador guidelines for engaging with prospective students and College of Technology stakeholders.
Ambassadors failing to meet their commitments will be dropped from the program.
The application form may be submitted on line at http://uh.edu/technology/advising/student-ambassadors/application/ or dropped off in the Engineering Technology Department located in room 304 of the Technology Building (T2). Candidates selected for virtual interviews will be notified by phone. The deadline for applications is Friday, September 4, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Sharon Green at (713) 743-7788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.