Requirements and Application Instructions
The College of Technology Student Ambassadors is a group of student leaders who represent the College and assist the College with recruitment and retention of a diversified population of high ability students. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the College of Technology.
- Available to commit to volunteering 15 hours of service for two semesters (30 hours over two semesters)
- Minimum of two semesters as a University of Houston student
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student in a College of Technology degree major
- Enrolled in 9 credit hours or more for both the fall and spring semesters.
- Cumulative UH GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Access to Zoom and Teams with camera
Requirements of an Ambassador
- Attend a one-hour mandatory orientation.
- Attend one one-hour development seminar per semester
- Complete Child Protection Training (one hour)
- Participate in scheduled recruitment events. Activities will be in-person and virtual.
- Abide by all ambassador guidelines for engaging with prospective students and College of Technology stakeholders.
The application form may be submitted on line at http://uh.edu/technology/advising/student-ambassadors/application/. Candidates selected for virtual interviews will be notified by phone. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, September 3, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Interviews will be scheduled September 6-10, 2021
Questions should be directed to Dr. Sharon Green at (713) 743-7788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.