SPRING VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
TWO-DAY INDUSTRY EVENT
FEBRUARY 9, 2021 AND FEBRUARY 16, 2021
- Career Fair Time: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Industry Days:
- February 9, 2021: All Industries
- February 12, 2021: All Industries
- Interview Time:10-minute Slots
- One-page resume in Handshake *APPROVAL REQUIRED*
- RESUME APPROVAL DEADLINE:
- February 9, 2021 Event Deadline: February 5, 2021 (5 PM)
- February 16, 2021 Event Deadline : February 12, 2021 (5 PM)
Handshake Login Process / Troubleshooting
Guide to Attending-a-Virtual Fair - Students
Participating in a Virtual Fair
KEYS TO SUCCESS @ HANDSHAKE VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR EVENT
- ACTIVATE your account UH ACCESS TECHCONNECT icon
- Complete your Handshake account PROFILE (opportunity to elaborate on your experience, skills, etc.)
- Upload an APPROVED one-page resume (Snapshot of the profile)
- No column formatted resumes. No color on resumes. No pictures on resumes
- Complete the Handshake Profile (Improves employer contact by 80%)
- Start resume approval NOW and practice your VIRTUAL skills
- Each recruiter will have a schedule for appointments
- A recruiter will hold interview schedule slots 10 minutes each, six students per hour
- Recruiters set their schedules then you sign up for 10-minute interview slots. Recruiters will also hold
30-minute information sessions with a capacity of 50 people including presenters per session.
- Slot etiquette: Do not be a no-show for your slot. It could have gone to another student.
- Between now and February 5, 2021, employers will be registering for the College of Technology Virtual Career Fair. Be sure to check your Handshake account periodically for newly registered employers so you can sign up for interview slots.
ALL COT STUDENTS AND ALUMNI ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND ALL THREE DAYS
* WARNING: Procrastination on RESUME APPROVAL and Handshake PROFILE completion may prevent you from attending the Virtual Career Fair!
If you have any questions please contact Christal Pradia at email@example.com.
You can also visit University Career Services to meet with a career counselor for the most current information about job seeking skills, updating your resume, and how to research employers. Please visit http://www.uh.edu/ucs/ for more information.