Fall VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
TWO-DAY INDUSTRY EVENT
SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 and SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
- Career Fair Time: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Dates: September 14 and 21, 2021
- Interview Time: 10-minute Slots (no extensions)
RESUME APPROVAL DEADLINE:
September 14, 2021, Virtual Career Fair Event: September 03, 2021 (5 PM)
September 21, 2021, Virtual Career Fair Event: September 03, 2021 (5 PM)
Get the Most out of Your Virtual Fair: Student Training Webinar
RESUMES: Approved resumes are one page, no column resumes, no color on resumes or cover letters, no icons, no pictures and no column resumes will be approved. Last minute late resume approval will be at the discretion of CoT Career Services.
Handshake Login Process / Troubleshooting
Guide to Attending-a-Virtual Fair - Students
Participating in a Virtual Fair
KEYS TO SUCCESS @ HANDSHAKE VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR EVENT
- ACTIVATE your account UH ACCESS TECHCONNECT icon
- Complete your Handshake account PROFILE (opportunity to elaborate on your experience, skills, etc.)
- Upload an APPROVED one-page resume (Snapshot of the profile)
- No column formatted resumes. No color on resumes. No pictures on resumes
- Complete the Handshake Profile (Improves employer contact by 80%)
- Start resume approval NOW and practice your VIRTUAL skills
- Each recruiter will have a schedule for appointments
- A recruiter will hold interview schedule slots 10 minutes each, six students per hour
- Recruiters set their schedules then you sign up for 10-minute interview slots. Recruiters will also hold
30-minute information sessions with a capacity of 50 people including presenters per session.
- Slot etiquette: Do not be a no-show for your slot. It could have gone to another student.
- Between now and September 14 2021, employers will be registering for the College of Technology Virtual Career Fair. Be sure to check your Handshake account periodically for newly registered employers so you can sign up for interview slots.
ALL COT STUDENTS AND ALUMNI ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND BOTH DAYS
** WARNING: Procrastination on RESUME APPROVAL and Handshake PROFILE completion may prevent you from attending the Virtual Career Fair!**
If you have any questions please contact Christal Pradia at email@example.com.
You can also visit University Career Services to meet with a career counselor for the most current information about job seeking skills, updating your resume, and how to research employers. Please visit http://www.uh.edu/ucs/ for more information.