Minor Declaration Process - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Minor Declaration Process

Overview of How to Declare Your Minor or Subplan

Current Digital Media students seeking to declare a subplan and UH undergraduate students seeking to declare a minor must request such a change using the online minor declaration form (see link below). Students who have applied for graduation may not submit a request through this form.


  • This form is for undergraduate students wishing to declare an undergraduate minor in the College of Technology.
  • All applicants for a declaration of minor request must be in good academic standing at UH (not on probation or suspension).
  • Students will be required to submit a general petition and will not be guaranteed that the minor will be processed in time to be applied to the students degree at graduation.

How to officially declare your minor or subplan:

  • YOU MUST HAVE A VALID UH E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR YOUR REQUEST TO BE PROCESSED. Directions for activating UH email alias can be found here.
  • After completing the form, you will be notified of its receipt at your UH e-mail alias of your approval or denial.
  • Click this link for the online declaration of minor form to begin.

If you have any difficulty with this application process, you may contact College of Technology Advising at asc@uh.edu.