08/2015-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Information and Logistics Technology, University of Houston, U.S.
01/2013-06/2015, Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, Boise State University, U.S. (Same supervisor as Dakota State University, 01/2013-10/2013)
01/2013-10/2013, Research Associate,National Center for the Protection of the Financial Infrastructure, Dakota State University, U.S.
08/2012-12/2012, Academic Visitor, Queen's University Belfast, U.K., Cybersecurity,
07/2011-07/2012, Research Fellow, CMR Unit, Imperial College London, U.K.
05/2011-07/2011, Visiting Scholar, e-Research Group, University of Melbourne, Australia
02/2001-08/2015, Associate Professor (05/2010-08/2015), Lecture (05/2005-04/2010), Assistant Lecturer (02/2001-04/2005), College of Software and Microelectronics, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
06/1999-01/2001, Assistant Lecturer, 211 Education Base of Computer, College of Science, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Cyber Security, Physical Security, Internet of Things security, Cloud Computing security, Cryptography, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Software Engineering, Software testing and analysis, Healthcare Informatics, Human-Computer Interface Design, Bioinformatics, Blockchain, Trusted Computing
Ph.D. College of Computer, Northwestern Polytechnical University, 2009.
M.S. College of Computer, Northwestern Polytechnical University, 2004.
B.S. College of Science, Northwestern Polytechnical University, 1999.
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio); Windows/Mac/Linux; Eclipse; Microsoft Visual Studio; MTK/ITK
C/C++/C#/VB/Java; XACML 3.0/XML; SQL; Debugging/Code analysis; Software Engineering
Fluent in English/Chinese; Leadership; Paper/Technical Report style writing
Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Programming C/C++/VB/Java, Object-Oriented Software Design, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Database Systems, Network Security, Computer Security, Cryptography, Intrusion Detection and Incident Response, Ethical Hacking, Embedded Software System, Software Engineering, User-Central Design and Testing, Multimedia Technology, Computer Graphics, Computer Assembly and Maintenance Training, Undergraduate/Graduate Research in Computer Science, Graduate Research Thesis
Courses Taught (Selected)
Aug 2015-Present University of Houston
- Intrusion Detection and Incident Response(CIS 3351)
- Cryptography and Information Systems Security(CIS 6323)
- Information Systems Application Development (CIS 2348)
- Information Technology Hardware and Systems Software (CIS 2332)
Jan 2015-May 2015 Boise State University
- Ethical Hacking (CS 397), collaborative course with Prof. Izzat Alsmadi
Sept 1999-Dec 2011 Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Introduction to Computer Systems (2220180), SSD2 (Software System Developing Course Series-2, collaborative course with Carnegie Mellon University)
- Embedded Software System (3220165) (International M.S. Students)
- User-Central Design and Testing (2230220) SSD4 (Software System Developing Course Series-4, collaborative course with Carnegie Mellon University)
- C++ Programming Design (1010020)
- Multimedia Technology (2240280)
- Computer Assembly and Maintenance Training (K5009)
- C Programming Design Practice (1010140)
Supervised more than 40 undergraduate and 25 graduate Students with their projects and thesis, 8 of them received Outstanding Thesis Award.
Scholarship and Awards
- May 2017, Best Presentation Award, Ben You, Yunpeng Zhang, Liang-Chieh Cheng, Review on Cybersecurity Risk Assessment and Evaluation and Their Approaches on Maritime Transportation, The 30th Annual Conference of International Chinese Transportation Professionals Association, May 19 ~ 21, 2017, Houston, TX, USA.
- Sept, 2010 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU (Northwestern Polytechnical University)
- Jan, 2010 The 3rd Courseware Award, Awarded by College of Software and Microelectronics, NPU
- Sept, 2009 The National Higher Education Achievement Award. Awarded by China National Ministry of Education (The highest Education award, once every four(4) years)
- June, 2008 The Prize of Excellent Teacher. Awarded by College of Software and Microelectronics, NPU
- Mar, 2008 Advanced Worker of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- June, 2007 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- June, 2006 The Outstanding Education Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- Sept, 2005 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU
- Sept, 2004 The Outstanding Education Achievement Award of NPU. Awarded by NPU